PDA

View Full Version : The Gridiron Heroes Organization

Freightliner
May 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
(Note to Ralph and Mods - If this post is uncalled for...my apologies..I just thought that this would be something worthwhile for some folks on here to know about and could let some of the other I-AA coaches around the nation in on.)

Folks,

Just thought I would put this up on the board. It's called The Gridiron Heroes Spinal Cord Injury Organization. (link here: www.gridironheroes.org (http://www.gridironheroes.org)) This organization is for HS football players that have suffered some kind of Spinal Cord Injury due to contact. Texas State's David Bailiff is huge supporter of this organization, so much of a supporter that he lets the organization use the EndZone Complex at Bobcat Stadium to host coaching clinics that the organization sets up in the summer for FREE. Coaches as well volunteer their time to come and speak at these clinics.

I had a chance to hear the founder of this organization, Eddie Canales, Sr. (his son is a MEMBER of this organization)speak, and some of the things he talked about were very interesting. He also spoke about Gridiron Heroes going Nationwide- helping players (and their familes) cope with an injury like this --- Which is where you folks come in.

Spreading the word about this organization is just a small part of what we posters here could do to help these folks out. I know that on Bobcatfans.com, advertisements are made about this organization. Maybe soon there will be "Gridiron Heroes Chapters" springing up all over the nation - and who knows...mebbe we have Ralph and the folks here at AGS to thank for it.

Just my :twocents: on this - apologies to anyone if I offended.

May 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Texas State Hosts Gridiron Heroes’ Clinic This Weekend

Third-annual clinic features collegiate, high school coaches as speakers

SAN MARCOS – Texas State will play host to the Third Annual Gridiron Heroes’ Football Coaching Clinic Friday and Saturday at the Bobcat Stadium End Zone Complex.

The clinic benefits the Gridiron Heroes Spinal Cord Injury Organization which was formed in 2003 to provide immediate, as well as, long term resources and support to individuals sustaining catastrophic spinal cord injuries during high school football-related events.

High School and collegiate coaches who will serve as clinicians for this year's event include Ned Barrier (Jacksonville), Phil Danaher (Calallen), Oscar Giles (Texas), Chad Glasgow (TCU), Tom Herman (Texas State), Lawrence Livington (UTEP), Weldon Nelms (Wimberley), Matt Robinson (Mary Hardin-Baylor), Bob Schultz (Tulsa), Mike Schultz (TCU), Kyle Tietz (Texas State), Mark Tommerdahl (Texas A&M) and Alan Weddell (Houston).

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Bailiff is the man...

He works his tail off for his university and things he believes in. He's changed around things in San Marcos, on the field and off. It's important for I-AA fans to recognize individuals like Bailiff, whether they be student-athletes, coaches or whomever affiliated with the I-AA programs.

blukeys
May 19th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Is this the same group that Nick Buonocanti started? He was an all Pro Linebacker for the Dophins, whose son was paralyzed in a football accident. Regardless this is a good cause. :nod: :nod: