November 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
2011 All-Patriot League Football Team
Offensive Player of the Year: Chris Lum, Lehigh, Sr., QB
Defensive Player of the Year: Andrew Schaetzke, Georgetown, Sr., DL
Rookie of the Year: Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette, Fr., RB/RS
Coach of the Year: Kevin Kelly, Georgetown

First-Team*
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
QB Chris Lum, Lehigh Sr. DL Robert De La Rosa, Bucknel Sr.
RB Zach Barket, Lehigh Jr. DL Josh Eden, Bucknell Sr.
RB Tyler Smith, Bucknell Jr. DL Ben Flizack, Lehigh Sr.
FB/HB Mark Wickware, Lehigh Sr. DL Andrew Schaetzke, Georgetown Sr.
WR Jake Drwal, Lehigh Sr. LB Leroy Butler, Lafayette Sr.
WR Gerald Mistretta, Holy Cross Jr. LB Mike Groome, Lehigh Sr.
WR Ryan Spadola, Lehigh Jr. LB Robert McCabe, Georgetown Jr.
TE Jamel Haggins, Lehigh Jr. LB Ricky Otis, Holy Cross Sr.
OL Scott Biel, Lafayette Sr. DB Brandon Ellis, Lafayette Sr.
OL Jim Liebler, Lehigh Sr. DB Jeremy Moore, Georgetown Jr.
OL Mike McCabe, Holy Cross Sr. DB Chandler Fenner, Holy Cross Sr.
OL Troy McKenna, Lehigh Sr. DB Bryce Robertson, Bucknell Sr.
OL Mike Vuono, Lehigh Jr. P Ryan Gutowski, Bucknell Jr.
RS Jeremy Moore, Georgetown Jr. P Corey Page, Holy Cross Sr.
PK Drew Orth, Bucknell Sr. P Ethan Swerdlow, Lafayette Jr.

Second-Team#
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
QB Ryan Taggart, Holy Cross Sr. DL Sajjad Chagani, Lehigh Jr.
RB Nick Campanella, Georgetown So. DL Andrew Knapp, Lehigh Sr.
RB Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette Fr. DL Rick Lyster, Lafayette Jr.
FB/HB Travis Friend, Bucknell So. DL Jack Maliska, Holy Cross Jr.
WR Frank DeNick, Bucknell Sr. DL Mike Tucker, Holy Cross So.
WR Mike Fess, Holy Cross So. LB Chris DiMassa, Colgate Sr.
WR Mark Ross, Lafayette So. LB Ben Eaton, Lafayette Sr.
TE Kevin Doty, Lafayette Sr. LB C.J. Martin, Holy Cross Sr.
OL Anthony Carter, Bucknell Sr. LB Beau Traber, Bucknell Jr.
OL Ian Dal Bello, Bucknell Sr. DB Bryan Andrews, Lehigh Jr.
OL Mike Roland, Georgetown Fr. DB Jayah Kaisamba, Georgetown Sr.
OL Keith Schauder, Lehigh Sr. DB Tom Mannix, Holy Cross Jr.
OL Sean Whited, Holy Cross Sr. DB Billy O’Brien, Lehigh Jr.
RS Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette Fr. DB Sean Rafferty, Bucknell Sr.
PK Brett Weiss, Georgetown Sr.

* - Due to ties in the voting, there are two additional punters on the All-Patriot League first team
# - Due to ties in the voting, there is an additional DL and DB on the All-Patriot League second team

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112211aac.html

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Nice squad. Surprised that both haggins and Wickware made 1st team. Both do deserve it just unusual

ngineer
November 22nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Nice squad. Surprised that both haggins and Wickware made 1st team. Both do deserve it just unusual

Yes, unusual but not unprecedented. Both guys made significant impacts to Lehigh's offense, both in pass catching and blocking--a big reason the run game improved so much this year.

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Old (voting) habits die hard.

Lehigh: 16 selections
Bucknell: 12
Holy Cross: 12
Lafayette:10
Georgetown: 8

Bucknell? 12?

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Old (voting) habits die hard.

Lehigh: 16 selections
Bucknell: 12
Holy Cross: 12
Lafayette:10
Georgetown: 8

Bucknell? 12?

It's tough to vote for Georgetown players becasue the University engages high-powered lawyers to make absolutely certain that nobody in the Western Hemisphere is permitted to watch them play on television. How much did the Patriot League selection committee have to fork over to Verizon FiOS for the "right" to view miniscule snippets of Georgetown game film, prior to the year 2525?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
It's tough to vote for Georgetown players becasue the University engages high-powered lawyers to make absolutely certain that nobody in the Western Hemisphere is permitted to watch them play on television.

Is there sufficient room in the press box for the road team's beat writers at the MSF? I'm not sure if Groller was down there last year when Lehigh clinched.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
There is no press box availability for Patriot League opponents. Grollier, Reinhard, etc. are barred from the "stadium" unless they purchase general admission tickets. Members of the press are not permitted on the sidelines, may not speak to players or coaches, may not establish wireless connections or use University-supplied electricity for their equipment.

Press members typically arrive two hours before a game and leave an hour or more afterwards, but the out-of-town press is not permitted to bring food or drink into the Georgetown facility, are supplied none by the University while they are there, and can have their laptops and recording devices confiscated by University-authorized officials. Highly-paid legal personnel are on call at all times to maintain a watchful eye for infractions and to intimidate and harass "violators" the instant their hand-wringing little imaginations perceive an infraction, whether justified objectively or not.

I remain hopeful for Georgetown's expulsion as an auxiliary member of the league. Maybe it will happen at the December meeting.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
One more thing - as I understand it, Georgetown University entered into a contract to prohibit any broadcast of, or dissemination of information regarding, any playoff game in which Georgetown was involved this season. Were I on the FCS playoff selection committee, that certainly would have been enough for me to keep them off the bracket.

TheValleyRaider
November 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
1 Colgate player

I know, rough season, lots of injuries prevented guys from accumulating games/stats. But still...ouch :(

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
One more thing - as I understand it, Georgetown University entered into a contract to prohibit any broadcast of, or dissemination of information regarding, any playoff game in which Georgetown was involved this season. Were I on the FCS playoff selection committee, that certainly would have been enough for me to keep them off the bracket.

Tip your wait staff, he'll be here all week.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Tip your wait staff, he'll be here all week.

Are you suggesting that any part of that statement is untrue?

Engineer86
November 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
I am surprised no Colin Newton Lehigh #10 at OLB. I love watching him play... and no I am not his father.

carney2
November 22nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
1 Colgate player

I know, rough season, lots of injuries prevented guys from accumulating games/stats. But still...ouch :(

And no Eachus - 1st team, 2nd team, Also Played - nothing. Would you have believed that back in August?!

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
1 Colgate player

They pulled a Georgetown!

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
I am surprised no Colin Newton Lehigh #10 at OLB. I love watching him play... and no I am not his father.

I did not pay close attention to him in other games, but his performance in the Lafayette game leads one to believe he is a player worthy of consideration.

Bogus Megapardus
November 22nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
They pulled a Georgetown!

Hereinafter known as, "Georgetowning." Always to be used in the pejorative sense. Those inducing such infractions may be referred to as, "Georgetownies."

May also be employed as a transitive verb: "I was going to watch the game, but it was Georgetowned."

dcf
November 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
1 Colgate player

I did not have a vote, but I could see Adam Lock getting 2d team D.

Ottanelli probably should have made one of the teams, and Nicosia could have also.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:49 AM

I agree it was surprising not seeing his name. He is a real high energy guy and really gets the D going. He may have been hurt by some of his 'over exuberance' he displays at times, which some might rightfully interpret as showboating or trash talking. In a close election, you don't want to give the voters a reason to vote against you and I think he may have done that to some.

RichH2
November 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
its ok

just let Newton take it out on Towson's star running back during the 2nd round

From yourmouth to God's ear. Our LBs are going to be very busy trying to stop mr. West