PDA

View Full Version : 4 CAA teams on one side of the bracket...

URMite
November 21st, 2011, 03:10 PM
...and yet the first opportunity for a rematch is the semifinals.

ODU/Maine & JMU/Towson would both be new this year.

And a ODU/UNH final would be new too. xlolx

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Won't matter - it's very possible that all 4 CAA teams on the same side of the bracket lose in the round of 16.

Wildcat80
November 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM
CAA conspiracy?? Hope we get ODU!

ur2k
November 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
CAA conspiracy?? Hope we get ODU!

That game would be played in the 70s

TwoFeathers
November 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
...and yet the first opportunity for a rematch is the semifinals.

ODU/Maine & JMU/Towson would both be new this year.

And a ODU/UNH final would be new too. xlolx

I'm not counting Towson out until I see them lose in the playoffs with my own eyes. Very impressive...

TwoFeathers
November 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Won't matter - it's very possible that all 4 CAA teams on the same side of the bracket lose in the round of 16.

I bet my lunch money that Towson beats Lehigh, and Maine beats App.

asumike83
November 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
What I don't understand is how it could be worked out that the 4 CAA teams on the same side cannot meet until the Semifinals but 2 of the 3 SoCon teams in the entire field could have a re-match in the Quarters.

Not worth getting bent out of shape over, you have to beat the best in the playoffs no matter what. However, I think all teams should have the opportunity to test themselves against the best that other conferences have to offer before having to play another game against a team they see every year.

UNHFootballAlum
November 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
What I don't understand is how it could be worked out that the 4 CAA teams on the same side cannot meet until the Semifinals but 2 of the 3 SoCon teams in the entire field could have a re-match in the Quarters.

Not worth getting bent out of shape over, you have to beat the best in the playoffs no matter what. However, I think all teams should have the opportunity to test themselves against the best that other conferences have to offer before having to play another game against a team they see every year.

The CAA has been in your position every year over the past 4-5 years. We play each other in the QF, this is the first year that I can remember that it won't happen

heath
November 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
I bet my lunch money that Towson beats Lehigh, and Maine beats App.

Agree with Towson,not so sure about Maine down there.JMU could be the wild card as they are so unpredictable.Don't think they can string 5 together but I know NDSU is pulling for E.Kentucky. Wouldn't surprise many to see Towson- JMU in 3rd round.Still think Georgia Southern makes it to the finals.

OhioHen
November 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM

It's not a case of two CAA teams can't meet before the semifinals, but rather that there cannot be a REMATCH until the semifinals. Both potential quarterfinal match-ups are teams that did not play each other this year.

asumike83
November 22nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
The CAA has been in your position every year over the past 4-5 years. We play each other in the QF, this is the first year that I can remember that it won't happen

True, but the CAA has had more than 3 teams in the field each year as well. With only 3 teams in, you would think it'd be relatively easy to avoid a re-match in the quarterfinals. It is what it is though. Plus, it will not matter unless we can get past Maine anyhow.

henfan
November 22nd, 2011, 07:37 AM
I'm not counting Towson out until I see them lose in the playoffs with my own eyes. Very impressive...

Don't know. They weren't very impressive vs. the Hens. I think their defense if very susceptible to the run. They'll have to put up a lot of points to make a deep run.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
If I hear one more ASU or GSU fan whine about potentially getting matched-up in the quarterfinals I am going to vomit. It's called regionalization--deal with it. It happens to every conference every year.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Agree with Towson,not so sure about Maine down there.JMU could be the wild card as they are so unpredictable.Don't think they can string 5 together but I know NDSU is pulling for E.Kentucky. Wouldn't surprise many to see Towson- JMU in 3rd round.Still think Georgia Southern makes it to the finals.

I don't care who NDSU plays, as it would be a great game either way. The Bison philosophy has been anyone, anywhere, anytime.

GaSouthern
November 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
I blame regionalization

NHwildEcat
November 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
If I hear one more ASU or GSU fan whine about potentially getting matched-up in the quarterfinals I am going to vomit. It's called regionalization--deal with it. It happens to every conference every year.

UNH always gets the shaft on the whole regionalization...or else we wouldn't be playing in essentially a Western bracket...

OhioHen
November 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
UNH always gets the shaft on the whole regionalization...or else we wouldn't be playing in essentially a Western bracket...

Once you're on a plane, it doesn't matter where they send you - that's the standard. The only "drivable" game would be with Maine.

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
True, but the CAA has had more than 3 teams in the field each year as well. With only 3 teams in, you would think it'd be relatively easy to avoid a re-match in the quarterfinals. It is what it is though. Plus, it will not matter unless we can get past Maine anyhow.
It happens to the Big Sky a lot (thanks to regionalization) and we usually have 2 or 3 teams in.

ASUMountaineer
November 22nd, 2011, 10:30 AM

Not to the Ivies. xlolx

Kabooom
November 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Good...xbawlingx

Mattymc727
November 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
I like Towson too, but UNH put up 42 on them and still had 4 turnovers on offense. I have to think someone else will do even better than that, and will also have a way better defense than UNH. I think Towson beats Lehigh however. I like UNH's side of the bracket. Its a whole lot of flying, and I feel like we will run out of gas like Nova did last year(UNH isnt a title contender this year anyway). But I do think our side gives us the best option to make it past the QF for the first time, which would be more than I could ask for considering this defense. Montana State is tough, but it is winnable, and SHSU doesnt scare me.

asumike83
November 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
It happens to the Big Sky a lot (thanks to regionalization) and we usually have 2 or 3 teams in.

Doesn't mean I have to like it! :D