PDA

View Full Version : Media Coverage 12/3

URMite
November 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Have they announced the media coverage (ESPN including U & 3) for the 8 games on 12/3? Not which games but how many on each?

biggie
November 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Nothing that I've seen. Probably only 1 on ESPNU at most (my DirecTV shows a game at noon that day). Nothing for even game times that day yet (assume it is depending on the TV sched).

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yes...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/797796/Screen_shot_2011-11-20_at_10.39.46_AM.png

Jazzman1522
November 21st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Not one game in the second round on an actual TV station while the only game on in the first round is between the two teams who snuck in at the end? That makes a a ton of sense.

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Not one game in the second round on an actual TV station while the only game on in the first round is between the two teams who snuck in at the end? That makes a a ton of sense.

When they expanded, it messed things up...

Second round games conflict with all those conference championships, rivalry games, etc. First round games are not attractive and do not conflict as much with games since everyone plays Thursday or Friday with the big rivalry games...

FargoBison
November 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM

Local/Regional TV stations can pick up the ESPN feed. I remember last year NDSU's games were on statewide TV and I know the Montana State game was on Altitude Network as well. So while the games may not be on an ESPN televised network, they could still be picked up and be put on one of the sports channels on Direct TV.

Jazzman1522
November 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
When they expanded, it messed things up...

Second round games conflict with all those conference championships, rivalry games, etc. First round games are not attractive and do not conflict as much with games since everyone plays Thursday or Friday with the big rivalry games...

Gotcha. Didn't think about all the other games going on. Still, I think it's a shame that the NCAA Division I Football Champsionship doesn't get better coverage. I seem to remember being able to watch just about every game one year. Granted this was at least six years ago probably, so before the expansion. I think it's a heck of a lot more compelling television than watching, for instance, the Lysol Toilet Bowl.