PDA

View Full Version : When Does Lehigh Lose?

Rob Iola
November 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Lehigh's dominance this season nets them arguably the toughest road to the National Championship - but then, they're one of the toughest outs in the tournament. So when do they lose?

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Lehigh's dominance this season nets them arguably the toughest road to the National Championship - but then, they're one of the toughest outs in the tournament. So when do they lose?

When they play NDSU at NDSU.

RichH2
November 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM

Next year ,I surely hope. Actually do think we will beat towson. West is an awesome rb very hard for us to stop him but may contain him a bit. Towson D is their run game. Lum will have a field day.NDSU very tough at home.We both played lafayette about equally. Toss up but definitely edge to home team.xchinscratchx

Side Judge
November 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Lehigh could well be this year's sleeper team - dominating in their conference, showed well against a CAA playoff team, solid playoff experience from last season - I can see them surprising tough teams before the road catches up with them...

Brad82
November 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
first or 2nd round.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2011, 02:38 PM
I mean, I think they're going to lose to Towson. I think UNH and Lehigh are fairly similar, and UNH was completely outmatched by Towson. I'd expect Towson to win. They should have been the 4 seed.

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 02:53 PM
First game

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Lehigh vs a CAA opponent? We all know how that goes...

StorminASU
November 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
They don't make it past the first or second round and all the annoying Lehigh fans complain about how they got screwed this year. I also can't see NDSU going all the way.

Rob Iola
November 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
They don't make it past the first or second round and all the annoying Lehigh fans complain about how they got screwed this year. I also can't see NDSU going all the way.

Have you seen their coeds? I wouldn't want to visualize them going all the way either...

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM
I think it's one and done for the Hawks, in a very close game.

StorminASU
November 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Have you seen their coeds? I wouldn't want to visualize them going all the way either...

Haha, they're called the Bison for a reason.

CAAruler
November 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah, the #89th ranked defense that beat Lehigh!!! Lehigh played one good team this year and lost... Why are so many Lehigh posters so angry on here? Maybe its the 13-2 all time record against UNH...... Most LU guys I know are good guys...

ASU_Fanatic
November 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM

The winner of the App/GaSo game has it, SoCon is on a different level with how the teams just beat each other up, that will show in the playoffs. Whoever wins the App/GaSo game is just gonna have too much momentum to be stopped...Wofford has a very good chance to make it to Frisco too, Montana is in their way though and I just can't see them winning in Missoula.

Silenoz
November 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
The winner of the App/GaSo game has it, SoCon is on a different level with how the teams just beat each other up, that will show in the playoffs. Whoever wins the App/GaSo game is just gonna have too much momentum to be stopped...Wofford has a very good chance to make it to Frisco too, Montana is in their way though and I just can't see them winning in Missoula.

xhomerx

TwoFeathers
November 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
I've been extremely impressed with Towson, so I'm going to say 'Towson'.

StorminASU
November 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
sorry, but it doesn't matter which team from the SoCon - they simply don't stand a chance against Lehigh...

I hope this helps

See now it's went past me just believing they will lose to Towson, I'm going to be actively pulling against them now...basically forever. You're about as polarizing as our friend Chattownmocs. How did that turn out for him again?

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
There is that 3 point home win against Liberty - the Big South is comparable to the SoCon, right?

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Lehigh sounds awfully close to "mehigh". What has theFan been smoking?

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM
UNH and Lehigh are not fairly similar, particularly in defense - Lehigh has had a very good defense since the UNH game, with the #7 ranked rush defense in the FCS, which will be able to counter the powerful Towson rushing offense (UNH has the #89 ranked rush defense in the FCS).

Dude, you didn't play anyone of note since the UNH game - of course the stats for your rush defense will get better. Play a bunch of patsies all year and you should have fantastic stats.

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
are you talking about Lehigh here or #1 ranked and #1 seeded Sam Houston State?

Could be either, and both would be accurate. But in a thread about Lehigh and in a quote where I mentioned Lehigh let's just stick with Lehigh.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
well good for you

so lets throw all the stats and all the wins for Lehigh out the window

it is still not going to change the fact that Lehigh will beat Towson and NDSU by at least two TD's

I hope this helps

Don't forget adding the loss to the only team on your schedule worth it's weight in salt...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Most Lehigh fans would be happy with a win over Towson. After that, any success would be a huge bonus.

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
well good for you

it is still not going to change the fact that Lehigh will beat Towson and NDSU by at least two TD's

I hope this helps

Nothing you've ever said on here has helped anyone.

LUHawker
November 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Dude, you didn't play anyone of note since the UNH game - of course the stats for your rush defense will get better. Play a bunch of patsies all year and you should have fantastic stats.

Very few give Lehigh a chance. A shame really. No, the Patriot League is not the CAA, nor the MVC, nor the SoCon, but that doesn't mean it can't nor hasn't produced good teams. We have a special team this year - one that doesn't materialize in the PL very often. Towson isn't a great first game draw, but I like our chances and is close enough for a good contingent of LU fans. Hey, maybe even some of you UD folks would like to root us on since we are old rivals.

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 03:43 PM
well good for you

I hope this helps

After 2 TD wins over such powers as Monmouth, Yale, Bucknell, Fordham, Colgate, Georgetown, Lafayette, I'm sure Towson and NDSU are shaking in their cleats.

Of course, NDSU beat FBS Minnesota on the road by 2 TDs, so that kind of puts things in perspective.

I hope this helps

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
After 2 TD wins over such powers as Monmouth, Yale, Bucknell, Fordham, Colgate, Georgetown, Lafayette, I'm sure Towson and NDSU are shaking in their cleats.

Of course, NDSU beat FBS Minnesota on the road by 2 TDs, so that kind of puts things in perspective.

I hope this helps

^This.

LUHawker
November 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM

That is quite an accomplish beating Minnesota, seriously. But, since you are providing reminders here and giving perspective, why don't we just also highlight that NDSU loss to Youngstown. You guys are beatable.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
That is quite an accomplish beating Minnesota, seriously. But, since you are providing reminders here and giving perspective, why don't we just also highlight that NDSU loss to Youngstown. You guys are beatable.

Having seen NDSU in person I actually believe Lehigh matchups up better with the Bison than Towson. The Towson team speed is the biggest concern if your a Lehigh fan, plus there's the CAA mental hurdle.

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM

The Youngstown loss was bad and knocked us out of the top seed. Lehigh will give Towson a tough game, and if they win (and we beat JMU/EKU winner) will give us a tough game.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM

Oh for sure. Every single team in these brackets are "beatable". However, based off of the stats and whatnot, losing to Lehigh would be highly unlikely. If Lehigh were to play NDSU, I would give them a 20% chance of success in the dome. I just can't see NDSU losing to a team like Lehigh at home.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Oh for sure. Every single team in these brackets are "beatable". However, based off of the stats and whatnot, losing to Lehigh would be highly unlikely. If Lehigh were to play NDSU, I would give them a 20% chance of success in the dome. I just can't see NDSU losing to a team like Lehigh at home.

The Dome really isn't that intimidating of a place. It's loud by default but nothing crazy.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
The Dome really isn't that intimidating of a place. It's loud by default but nothing crazy.

Lehigh has never been here. Even UNI couldn't handle it. If the Bison play like they have 95% of the time this season, the Bison will roll Lehigh over. If for some unGodly reason they play like they did against YSU, Lehigh will win. I think at this point, the only thing that would cause that to happen again is injuries. I think they will have their heads on straight come playoff time. But that's just me.

asumike83
November 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Although the lack of playoff experience from Towson could prove me wrong, I don't have Lehigh getting past them.

Towson has defeated 2 playoff teams in the last 3 weeks. Lehigh lost to the one playoff opponent they faced all season, which was a UNH team that Towson handled with relative ease just two weeks ago.

It has been more than 2 months since Lehigh has played a team that could match up with the caliber of opponents they will see from here on out. Towson is the more battle-tested team and for that reason, I like them to move on.

Lehigh Lover
November 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
I think Lehigh pulls out a thriller against Towson but let's get real, last year UNI had 6000 fans at the Lehigh game. The Fargodome will be packed and that environment will be insane. I don't think NDSU will blow Lehigh out though.

And by the way, I am not a homer or bitter. I love being a fan of a non-scholarship school that occasionally knocks off the big, bad schollies now and then. I am a realist in that you only get so far with a non-scholarship program, the exception being Colgate's 2003 run to the finals.

The problem is the entire Lehigh fan base on here is getting their reputation because of one certain troll (and you know who you are).

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Very few give Lehigh a chance. A shame really. No, the Patriot League is not the CAA, nor the MVC, nor the SoCon, but that doesn't mean it can't nor hasn't produced good teams. We have a special team this year - one that doesn't materialize in the PL very often. Towson isn't a great first game draw, but I like our chances and is close enough for a good contingent of LU fans. Hey, maybe even some of you UD folks would like to root us on since we are old rivals.

Nothing is impossible - but the best we have to go on is the past and the Patriot League has a pretty poor record in the playoffs recently, the Patriot League was, as a whole, terrible this year, and the only common opponent this year (UNH) beat Lehigh and lost by 14 to Towson. Towson is clearly the favorite, although anything can happen.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
UNH and Lehigh are not fairly similar, particularly in defense - Lehigh has had a very good defense since the UNH game, with the #7 ranked rush defense in the FCS, which will be able to counter the powerful Towson rushing offense (UNH has the #89 ranked rush defense in the FCS).

The NDSU quarterfinal game will not be a problem as Lehigh has shown what it can do against MVFC teams in playoff games at domed stadiums recently...

then onwards towards the FCS Championship...

You realize playing 10 terrible teams kind of renders your defense irrelevent, no?

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
I think Lehigh pulls out a thriller against Towson but let's get real, last year UNI had 6000 fans at the Lehigh game. The Fargodome will be packed and that environment will be insane. I don't think NDSU will blow Lehigh out though.

And by the way, I am not a homer or bitter. I love being a fan of a non-scholarship school that occasionally knocks off the big, bad schollies now and then. I am a realist in that you only get so far with a non-scholarship program, the exception being Colgate's 2003 run to the finals.

The problem is the entire Lehigh fan base on here is getting their reputation because of one certain troll (and you know who you are).

Nice to see a reasonable Lehigh fan. You need to post more often to drown out the lunatic fringe of your fanbase. Oh and no worries we have our trolls to. Just have to realize that you can't judge the fans of any one team by just few crazy posters.

LehighGuy
November 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM
If I hear the strength of schedule argument one more time from people who don't KNOW ANYTHING about our program, I'm going to scream. We have to go through this every time we make the playoffs.

FACT: Our playoff track record is better than ANY non-scholarship or "mid-major" program in the nation.

Go over to Panther Nation and dig up last year's posts. Those guys were making travel arrangements for christ's sake. This is the sole reason I actually DIDN'T want to draw Towson. They are probably the only team in the field that understands this.

LehighGuy
November 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Nothing is impossible - but the best we have to go on is the past and the Patriot League has a pretty poor record in the playoffs recently, the Patriot League was, as a whole, terrible this year, and the only common opponent this year (UNH) beat Lehigh and lost by 14 to Towson. Towson is clearly the favorite, although anything can happen.

If you're still basing playoff prognostications on common opponent comparisons you need to do a bit more homework.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Although the lack of playoff experience from Towson could prove me wrong, I don't have Lehigh getting past them.

Towson has defeated 2 playoff teams in the last 3 weeks. Lehigh lost to the one playoff opponent they faced all season, which was a UNH team that Towson handled with relative ease just two weeks ago.

It has been more than 2 months since Lehigh has played a team that could match up with the caliber of opponents they will see from here on out. Towson is the more battle-tested team and for that reason, I like them to move on.

The level competition during the regular season arguement against Lehigh doesn't hold any weight. First, Holy Cross and Georgetown were both solid FCS teams so they did have quality games down the stretch. Plus, they had to win EVERY game, that's a lot of pressure and to not lose a conference game in two years is very tough to do. Butler didn't play anyone of note for 2 months yet went to the title game two years straight in bball.

Finally, history has proven that Lehigh comes to play in the first round so they ARE prepared by their schedule.

1998 Lehigh 24 @ Richmond 23
1999 Lehigh 15 @ Hofstra 27
2000 Lehigh 37 @ Western Illinois 7
2001 Lehigh 27 Hofstra 24
2004 Lehigh 13 JMU 14, JMU National Champs
2010 Lehigh 14 @ UNI 7

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
You realize playing 10 terrible teams kind of renders your defense irrelevent, no?

So HC scored 32 on UNH but Lehigh held them to 7? To say that Lehigh played 10 terrible teams is just dumb.

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 04:12 PM
The level competition during the regular season arguement against Lehigh doesn't hold any weight. First, Holy Cross and Georgetown were both solid FCS teams so they did have quality games down the stretch. Plus, they had to win EVERY game, that's a lot of pressure and to not lose a conference game in two years is very tough to do. Butler didn't play anyone of note for 2 months yet went to the title game two years straight in bball.

Yes, but, Butler did, in the regular season last year, play: Duke, Louisville, Xavier, Stanford, Utah, Florida State and Washington St. Pretty decent OOC schedule and not something that Lehigh football boasted this year.

asumike83
November 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
The level competition during the regular season arguement against Lehigh doesn't hold any weight. First, Holy Cross and Georgetown were both solid FCS teams so they did have quality games down the stretch. Plus, they had to win EVERY game, that's a lot of pressure and to not lose a conference game in two years is very tough to do.

I agree, going undefeated in conference for two consecutive years is impressive. I'm not one of the people who said Lehigh has just played terrible teams all year but you have to admit, Holy Cross and Georgetown are not on the same level of Maine and New Hampshire, both of whom Towson beat in the last 3 weeks of the season.

I expect a good game and Lehigh definitely could win, but I like Towson in this game. I did not mean to say that every team they've played since UNH is bad but Towson has played the tougher schedule, which I think goes a long way towards preparation for the postseason.

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM

Finally, history has proven that Lehigh comes to play in the first round so they ARE prepared by their schedule.

1998 Lehigh 24 @ Richmond 23
1999 Lehigh 15 @ Hofstra 27
2000 Lehigh 37 @ Western Illinois 7
2001 Lehigh 27 Hofstra 24
2004 Lehigh 13 JMU 14, JMU National Champs
2010 Lehigh 14 @ UNI 7

Name a single quality OOC win by a Patriot League team this season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM
Name a single quality OOC win by a Patriot League team this season.

According to the AGS poll the PL had 3 Top 25 wins, Harvard, Albany and Liberty.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
So HC scored 32 on UNH but Lehigh held them to 7? To say that Lehigh played 10 terrible teams is just dumb.

UNH is the worst defense I've ever seen in FCS. I wouldn't really use that as much...

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 04:29 PM
Lehigh sounds awfully close to "mehigh". What has theFan been smoking?

Whatever it is, it's gotten him realllLehigh.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Whatever it is, it's gotten him realllLehigh.

I laughed.

Lehigh Lover
November 21st, 2011, 04:32 PM
I agree with Lehigh Guy about being worried that Towson does "understand" our situation. Lehigh has been able to surprise teams in the first round because they are overlooked and underestimated. Towson used to play in our league. They will be prepared.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sedale Threatt as your avatar is quite a bit of a throwback, Lehigh Lover.

Catbooster
November 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM

It's too bad. I usually like to pull for the underdog. But in this case, it's hard not to want LeHigh to get dominated in the first round just because half the threads I read through get hi-jacked and turn into a mess by an arrogant fan.

asumike83
November 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
so Towson played the tougher schedule

lets see how that works

how does Towson's schedule compare to that of Sam Houston State, the #1 seed?

it is better than SHS, isn't it?

now, who would be favored between SHS and Towson?

most people would say SHS

but wait a minute, isn't Towson's SOS better than SHS?

tell us again how this works

Yes, Towson's schedule is tougher than Sam Houston State's. Sam Houston State also went undefeated, while Towson and Lehigh each took one FCS loss. If Lehigh had beaten UNH and gone undefeated, they would have a seed and home field just like SHSU.

I did not say that strength of schedule is the 100% determinant in who will win a football game but if two teams have nearly identical resumes, I like the one who has played tougher teams to get there. As I already stated, Lehigh could win this game but I think Towson is more prepared due to their schedule.

Squealofthepig
November 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think if Lehigh gets past Towson, they're dangerous. Some may pick apart their schedule, but I took a bit deeper look at their games to see how they performed relative to their competition, taking a look at Lehigh's total yards per game and comparing it to their opponents' averages across all games. Lehigh averaged better than 100 ypg by this metric (averaging 478 ypg against a schedule whose average ypg allowed was 373 ypg). They also scored above that team's average every single game (sorry for formatting, I just find these things fun): (Passing and rushing numbers are from espn box scores; average allowed lifted from the USAToday's site)

Opponent Pass Rush Total Average
Monmouth 346 183 529 350.91 178.09
New Hamp 401 105 506 430.09 75.91
Princeton 384 102 486 396.5 89.5
Liberty 300 124 424 343.27 80.73
Yale 391 84 475 376 99
Bucknell 373 43 416 301.55 114.45
Fordham 416 182 598 466 132
Colgate 226 268 494 374.36 119.64
Holy Cross 251 143 394 342.36 51.64
Georgetown 393 124 517 349.6 167.4
Lafayette 285 143 428 377.6 50.4

I like Towson, as they're familiar with Lehigh and won't overlook them. But a look at these numbers shows Lehigh is executing surprisingly well, consistently, and Lum and crew cannot be fun for a defensive coordinator to prepare for.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
I think if Lehigh gets past Towson, they're dangerous.

If Lehigh makes it past Towson, I like their chances with NDSU. An interesting fact: Lehigh is 12-1 all time against Towson, as they used to belong to the Patriot League. Lehigh won the last meeting at home in 2003, 35-3. Towson's only win in the series came in 2002 at Unitas Stadium, 23-19. Of course, those Towson teams do not compare with this year's CAA champs.

BisonLakes
November 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
oh, I see

you are saying that the WHOLE difference in whether Lehigh would be able to beat Towson, is the one OT game with a bad ref call?

and if the call had been done correctly and Lehigh won, then now Lehigh would be favored over Towson?

do you have any f***** idea how ridiculous this sounds?

May you be blessed with MEAC officials in all your (1) playoff games.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
oh, I see

you are saying that the WHOLE difference in whether Lehigh would be able to beat Towson, is the one OT game with a bad ref call?

and if the call had been done correctly and Lehigh won, then now Lehigh would be favored over Towson?

Hahaha this made me laugh. You have no jurisdiction over things and how ridiculous they sound.

asumike83
November 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
oh, I see

I have since edited that post a bit but yes, that one game put them on the road against a team with a better resume. An undefeated Lehigh team playing at home would probably be favored. I have said numerous times that I think the game will be close. A more tested team with home field advantage has the edge. You are acting like Lehigh should be favored on the road against the CAA champ. Do you know how ridiculous THAT sounds?

No need to get your panties in a wad. I have no dog in this fight, just my opinion.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
May you be blessed with MEAC officials

That would actually be an improvement over Patriot League officials. Seriously. The MEAC crew at last year's Lehigh-UD game did a better job than any of the 6 Lehigh games I've been to this season.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Last year, all we heard about was Andrew Pierce, Delaware's RB who racked up 1655 yards in 15 games. Lehigh's D limited him to 88 yards on 18 carries with 1 TD, well under his season average against a "power conference with quality opponents" and proven playoff teams. This year, the D-line and linebackers, with the exception of Al Pierce, have all returned and are a year more experienced and that much more dominant. I think West will have a good game, but ultimately Lehigh will prevail with Groome and Newton leading the way on D and Lum and his receivers doing what they have been all season.

Rob Iola
November 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
That would actually be an improvement over Patriot League officials. Seriously. The MEAC crew at last year's Lehigh-UD game did a better job than any of the 6 Lehigh games I've been to this season.
Possibly because virtually all the calls went against Delaware? I'm touchy because of being MEAC'd in the 2007 NC game. Not that they had any bearing on the outcome (of either game), but trust me you don't want to be on the bad side of these jokers...

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Possibly because virtually all the calls went against Delaware? I'm touchy because of being MEAC'd in the 2007 NC game. Not that they had any bearing on the outcome (of either game), but trust me you don't want to be on the bad side of these jokers...

Nope: just 2 called on Lehigh, 4 on Delaware. We had the same PL crew against both Colgate and Lafayette this year. Against Colgate: 6 penalties, 84 yards. Against Lafayette: 14 penalties, 165 yards. Honestly, Pop Warner officials do a better job than the PL officials.

Engineer86
November 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Having seen NDSU in person I actually believe Lehigh matchups up better with the Bison than Towson. The Towson team speed is the biggest concern if your a Lehigh fan, plus there's the CAA mental hurdle.

Actually, I really do think that hurdle was clear in the second half against UNH. It was a different team that came back and took the lead in that game from the team that played the first half or gave up two quick scores to start the second half.

Yes, I know it was a loss, but during the second half you could feel a total shift in confidence from the team. I hope that carries over.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
trust me you don't want to be on the bad side of these jokers...

I've heard stories about the MEAC refs. If on a whole they are worse than their idiot counterparts in the PL, I feel for anyone who gets them on a bad day.

Rob Iola
November 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Nope: just 2 called on Lehigh, 4 on Delaware. We had the same PL crew against both Colgate and Lafayette this year. Against Colgate: 6 penalties, 84 yards. Against Lafayette: 14 penalties, 165 yards. Honestly, Pop Warner officials do a better job than the PL officials.

2 for 6 yards for Lehigh, 4 for 52 yards for Delaware, including a phantom PI on 3rd down that extended your first scoring drive. Not that I care about these things...
But seriously - good luck vs Towson.

Walkon79
November 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Just because of "TheFan" :)

Engineer86
November 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM

Lehigh is 4-2 in the first round since the Patriot League began participating in the playoffs in 1998, 3-1 on the road. Including Colgate and Fordham, the Patriot League has 6 wins in the first round of the playoffs. 6-7 in the first round of which most are on the road. Not to bad.

"Hope that helps"xlolx

Engineer86
November 21st, 2011, 05:44 PM
I agree with Lehigh Guy about being worried that Towson does "understand" our situation. Lehigh has been able to surprise teams in the first round because they are overlooked and underestimated. Towson used to play in our league. They will be prepared.

They have also been trying to prove themselves all year, so Towson will not take anyone lightly.

Engineer86
November 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
I think if Lehigh gets past Towson, they're dangerous. Some may pick apart their schedule, but I took a bit deeper look at their games to see how they performed relative to their competition, taking a look at Lehigh's total yards per game and comparing it to their opponents' averages across all games. Lehigh averaged better than 100 ypg by this metric (averaging 478 ypg against a schedule whose average ypg allowed was 373 ypg). They also scored above that team's average every single game (sorry for formatting, I just find these things fun): (Passing and rushing numbers are from espn box scores; average allowed lifted from the USAToday's site)

Opponent Pass Rush Total Average
Monmouth 346 183 529 350.91 178.09
New Hamp 401 105 506 430.09 75.91
Princeton 384 102 486 396.5 89.5
Liberty 300 124 424 343.27 80.73
Yale 391 84 475 376 99
Bucknell 373 43 416 301.55 114.45
Fordham 416 182 598 466 132
Colgate 226 268 494 374.36 119.64
Holy Cross 251 143 394 342.36 51.64
Georgetown 393 124 517 349.6 167.4
Lafayette 285 143 428 377.6 50.4

I like Towson, as they're familiar with Lehigh and won't overlook them. But a look at these numbers shows Lehigh is executing surprisingly well, consistently, and Lum and crew cannot be fun for a defensive coordinator to prepare for.

Thanks for taking the time for that analysis. Good stuff. Unfortunately Towson likely knows all of this.

I would add that two games stand out. HC which was a week where they dealt with no power for four days, and Lafayette, where once up 37-0 and having seniors ejected for officials for unsportsmanship, while actually diving over a defender, Coen pulled the starters.

heath
November 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Trying to break down this game and many factors need to be considered.....
Home team +3 for Towson
lack of playoff experience -6 for Towson
scholarships +7 for Towson
Lum -4 for Towson
The Fan +11 for Towson( I remember the UD crap last year)

Final- Towson 34 Lehigh 23
Actually special teams,penalties and TOP will decide this game,but should be entertaining

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2011, 08:08 PM
Lehigh has done well recently against Champs of powerful leagues on the road in its first playoff games, hasn't it?

That Northern Iowa team was 7-4 playing in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think many people counted them as a powerful contender last season.

heath
November 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM
That Northern Iowa team was 7-4 playing in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think many people counted them as a powerful contender last season.

They did,just ask,or recall the post last year

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah, the #89th ranked defense that beat Lehigh!!! Lehigh played one good team this year and lost... Why are so many Lehigh posters so angry on here? Maybe its the 13-2 all time record against UNH...... Most LU guys I know are good guys...

Where?!? Other than "TheFan", who is not a Lehigh alum, I don't see much vitriol form other Lehigh people. Yes, there may be some differing opinions, but I don't detect alot of "anger". Don't paint us all by the acts of one.

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM

Not only that, but Towson's HC Ambrose is friends with Lehigh's HC Coen. Both were the opposing OC's back in the 1990's when Towson was part of the PL.

DJKyR0
November 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Towson beat UNH, UNH beat Lehigh. One and done.

Not that I don't like Lehigh and the phenomenon known as Chris Lum, but heading to the CAA champ is a tough cop for any school.

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
My heart and head say we have the talent to go all the way if we can eliminate some of the maddening mistakes--mostly stupid penalties--that keep an opponent's drive alive on third down or an 'exuberant' play that gets flagged for a personal foul. That, and tightening up the special teams. Realistically, I think we can get to the semifinals. Yes, Towson should be slightly favored on paper, but I think we match up well with the Tigers. Our run defense has been very good. No opposing back has reached 100 yards in a game this season. Our passing offense should provide nightmares for TSU's DC.

In the other bracket, I see JMU pummeling EKU and then surprising the chips out of the Bison. The Dukes have a lot of talent and have had some odd losses this year. I think they have settled down with their personnel and as a 'team' is a much stronger team than earlier in the season. That leads to a revenge rematch with us. Location to be determined, but it would bring back memories of that great game at Goodman in 2004. Even at JMU I think we pull off the win.

That leads us to Statesboro. Again, a run dominating team, but with the wishbone, or whatever the "in" term is now, we could get run down by the second half. We won't be as deep personnel wise. Can we beat the Eagles? Yes. Our passing game is very good, but you have to respect the run, as well. I'm afraid that overall team speed could also be a major problem at this level.

Unfortunately, Lehigh is in the toughest half of the bracket. I see the Champion coming out of this one. We are dangerous. Schools not from the East will take us lightly. It's happened in the past. The players have told of the pregame taunts from Richmond, Western Illinois, and UNI players that "this aint the Patriot League." Coaches can say only so much. Kids read the internet and see how the PFL, IL and PL are looked down upon. We can use it to our advantage. I'd love to be in Frisco in January. I've blocked my calendar at work...just in case.xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
November 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
This isn't much different than 2003 Colgate, which played an OOC slate consisting of 4 Ivies plus a dismal Buffalo team. Colgate made it to the championship game. Why not the Asa Packers?

GannonFan
November 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Last year, all we heard about was Andrew Pierce, Delaware's RB who racked up 1655 yards in 15 games. Lehigh's D limited him to 88 yards on 18 carries with 1 TD, well under his season average against a "power conference with quality opponents" and proven playoff teams. This year, the D-line and linebackers, with the exception of Al Pierce, have all returned and are a year more experienced and that much more dominant. I think West will have a good game, but ultimately Lehigh will prevail with Groome and Newton leading the way on D and Lum and his receivers doing what they have been all season.

Really - you're trying to use last year's UD game as a positive point for Lehigh? Yeah, you "held" Pierce to 88 yards on 18 carries. A 4.9 yd per carry average. UD rushed for 5.0 yards per carry in that game and put up 450 yards of offense while scoring 42 points. How was that good in any aspect?

ngineer
November 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Delaware had a superlative team last year. Lehigh's was a "year away". No one expected us to even win the PL let alone get to the second round of the playoffs. This is a very veteran team that learned alot from last year's game in Newark. They have talked about it since last Spring. I think this year's version of Lehigh would give that same UD team a nailbiter.

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2011, 05:48 AM
Towson is under-rated this year due to not getting any votes at the beginning of the year, and should beat Lehigh.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
I think the game hinges on Towsons d-line getting to Lum. Putting him on his back and forcing him to hurry throws.

Does Lehigh have a good KR? Our KO coverage is poor at best and has keep other teams in games, and actually cost us the Delaware game.

Should be a good one. Can't wait.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 22nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
This game is a coin-flip. Lehigh took UNH to OT, and I honestly don't think Towson is all that much better than them.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
This game is a coin-flip. Lehigh took UNH to OT, and I honestly don't think Towson is all that much better than them.

Better than who UNH? You didn't see the game then.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I think the game hinges on Towsons d-line getting to Lum. Putting him on his back and forcing him to hurry throws.

Does Lehigh have a good KR? Our KO coverage is poor at best and has keep other teams in games, and actually cost us the Delaware game.

Should be a good one. Can't wait.

Right on... you don't even need to hurry Lum... just get him to move around a bit. Our pathetic DL got him to move a few times and nearly each throw he missed wide open recievers or underthrew them. There would not even be a Lafayette guy on his tail.

Lum gets a bit more credit than he warrants at times. Make him move, make sure to cover guys in the flat or the TE release if blitzing on the same side, and you have him contained.

LUHawker
November 22nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
Right on... you don't even need to hurry Lum... just get him to move around a bit. Our pathetic DL got him to move a few times and nearly each throw he missed wide open recievers or underthrew them. There would not even be a Lafayette guy on his tail.

Lum gets a bit more credit than he warrants at times. Make him move, make sure to cover guys in the flat or the TE release if blitzing on the same side, and you have him contained.

Ahh, the bitter leopard rears his head once again. All we've heard from you this year is how unimpressive, un-deserving or whatever from your sorry lot. Its tough to argue with results so I think Lum has proven his "credit" to use your word. He is not the best QB under pressure, but you know what, he doesn't have to be. He is stellar in the pocket and makes great reads and mostly great throws.

Rob Iola
November 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Ahh, the bitter leopard rears his head once again. All we've heard from you this year is how unimpressive, un-deserving or whatever from your sorry lot. Its tough to argue with results so I think Lum has proven his "credit" to use your word. He is not the best QB under pressure, but you know what, he doesn't have to be. He is stellar in the pocket and makes great reads and mostly great throws.

See, this is the biggest issue Lehigh will have in the playoffs, and something they haven't really had a chance to prep for in their conference games - the DL play of the contenders. Lum will be under almost constant pressure and if he can't pass effectively while scrambling then it'll be a short run for Lehigh.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Nice to see a reasonable Lehigh fan. You need to post more often to drown out the lunatic fringe of your fanbase. Oh and no worries we have our trolls to. Just have to realize that you can't judge the fans of any one team by just few crazy posters.
Please the lunatic fringe is one poster, who didn't evengo to Lehigh

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
I've seen towson on tv a couple of times. West is remarkable. They have a very porous pass D however. I do hope that Towson blitzes a lot. a number of teams have tried . Its been posted that move Lum and he throws poorly. Completed just under 70% of his passes .. Blitz has resulted in lots of big plays for us however. Should be a fun game. i would rather we met a western team as they always overlook us. Towson wont.Ambrose knows us very well

Doc QB
November 22nd, 2011, 10:37 AM

Reread this whole thread again, and while it is sad that a thread like this exists, for us die-hard LU backers, I am left wondering if it is because a perception of our solid, game savvy posters being annoying or whiney, or because of the comments of one. There is no other "When will team-X lose" thread so it leaves me to wonder exactly why, and did we do it to ourselves.

Above, I like this post very much, it has some solid points. Playoff experience is important, totally agree. I think playing in a tough conference and being battled tested is important, however, I don't think there are very many teams out there who beat, let alone played more than 2 or more playoff teams. The ones that have are really few, and not playing many playoff teams is not unique to Lehigh by any stretch.

Bottom line, Lehigh can compete, can win against these teams. Teams looking past them wont likely occur again. We'll get Towson or anyone's best shot, and I hope we give them ours because we have the horses to win. Now we have to be our own personal Nike commercial, just do it, and do it on a consistent basis, for a few years. Then maybe we earn some respect and maybe have a few OOC foes speak better of us on the boards (and ignore certain "Fans").

WrenFGun
November 22nd, 2011, 10:52 AM

Towson is a SIGNIFICANTLY better team than UNH.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Towson is a SIGNIFICANTLY better team than UNH.

Really? UNH got 610 yds in TO vs this squad that is "SIGNIFICANTLY" better.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
A thought while I am here. It is , not quite sad, but perplexing, as to the why of this thread. I have no quick answer Doc but must admit does poke at my own insecurity about our team's ability to compete on this stage. I do believe that for a game or two we have the frontline ability to do it,just not the depth to maintain that level of game speed throughout. Delaware a perfect example. Could not maintain level past mid 3rd. Why is this yr different? O is markedly better and more experienced. Air Lehigh can control clock and score unlike last yr's team. D, front 7 better and 2ndary has improved but still not as good.However, we dont face a passing threat at Towson.
perhaps biggest difference is team actually believes that it can succeed. We'll see.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
See, this is the biggest issue Lehigh will have in the playoffs, and something they haven't really had a chance to prep for in their conference games - the DL play of the contenders. Lum will be under almost constant pressure and if he can't pass effectively while scrambling then it'll be a short run for Lehigh.

Lum did a nice job last year against Delaware ~350+ yards, but he had no run game to offset. This year, we have a better run game which should take some of the pressure off him. The OL has done a much better job this year than most expected. Lum was only sacked about 12-14 times, and Chris has learned to throw the ball away after getting burned on some where he tried to force it. What we also have going for us is our OC, who I think is one of the best young football minds in the country. With two weeks to prepare, I expect a very nice game plan awaiting the Tigers.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
A thought while I am here. It is , not quite sad, but perplexing, as to the why of this thread. I have no quick answer Doc but must admit does poke at my own insecurity about our team's ability to compete on this stage. I do believe that for a game or two we have the frontline ability to do it,just not the depth to maintain that level of game speed throughout. Delaware a perfect example. Could not maintain level past mid 3rd. Why is this yr different? O is markedly better and more experienced. Air Lehigh can control clock and score unlike last yr's team. D, front 7 better and 2ndary has improved but still not as good.However, we dont face a passing threat at Towson.
perhaps biggest difference is team actually believes that it can succeed. We'll see.

Bingo. If you've been around these guys you get a real sense of confidence. Not arrogance. They experience in the playoffs last year did wonders for them. They know what's needed to succeed at "the next level" and have dedicated themselves to do it. Our 'front line' talent is good enough to hang with anyone. A break here or there and we'll be a "newsflash". (;-)

Rob Iola
November 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Reread this whole thread again, and while it is sad that a thread like this exists, for us die-hard LU backers, I am left wondering if it is because a perception of our solid, game savvy posters being annoying or whiney, or because of the comments of one. There is no other "When will team-X lose" thread so it leaves me to wonder exactly why, and did we do it to ourselves...

That's me baiting everyone's favorite poster. But as a Henz fan I was at both the Towson and Lehigh games last year, and both teams are obviously significantly better this year (Towson much more so, as they basically had no QB when they played us). To me this is a toss-up and each one of the playoff games for these teams, regardless of who advances and how far, will be some of the most compelling matchups this post-season.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't downplay Enders as a QB. He doesn't have guady stats because Towson doesn't have to throw the ball when you get 6-7 yards a carry. You Patriot guys do remember the Ambrose passing offenses during our PL years right?

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't downplay Enders as a QB. He doesn't have guady stats because Towson doesn't have to throw the ball when you get 6-7 yards a carry. You Patriot guys do remember the Ambrose passing offenses during our PL years right?

Yup, Ambrose a good OC and excellent HC. Not downplaying Enders, but he is not a good passer. Very difficult to turn to an area of offense that you have not relied on all yr. Play action quick passes with some niceYAC have worked well for TU. W/o West TU's O is dead in the water. That said you do have West so a very hard match upfor Lehigh.Must contain him.
LU offense will score on TU. Must control clock as best we can so as to not wear down D. We both have 2 weeks to scheme. Dave will outdo your DC. Can Coach K do the same will be the key for us.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
I hope your coaching staff evaluates us like you did.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I hope your coaching staff evaluates us like you did.

I would hope that they would be much better than I. I've only seen you guys twice on tv so far from an expert. Stick by my conclusions from what I saw.

LehighGuy
November 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Towson beat UNH, UNH beat Lehigh. One and done.

Not that I don't like Lehigh and the phenomenon known as Chris Lum, but heading to the CAA champ is a tough cop for any school.

Enough with the common opponent crap. Any real sports fan knows it's garbage.

Last year, JMU beat Virginia Tech. Richmond beat JMU. By your logic, I guess Richmond would have beat Virginia Tech last year. Yep....sounds reasonable.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I would hope that they would be much better than I. I've only seen you guys twice on tv so far from an expert. Stick by my conclusions from what I saw.

We shall see. We're 6-1 against teams ranked higher than us, so we got that going for us. :)

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
We shall see. We're 6-1 against teams ranked higher than us, so we got that going for us. :)

xsmileyclapx

Good stat. Altho if you listen to many of the posters we shouldn'teven bein the top 10 anywayxrolleyesx

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
The Youngstown loss was bad and knocked us out of the top seed. Lehigh will give Towson a tough game, and if they win (and we beat JMU/EKU winner) will give us a tough game.

Dude get real xdontknowx Youngstown played up to their potential in 3 games this year. One of them was in Fargo. xnodx

Leehaw loses vs TU xsalutex

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Did not realize that YSU had a dog in this race.

LehighGuy
November 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM

They don't. That dog got put down a while ago.

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM

xchinscratchx Ummm.. Didn't see where this thread was for "dogs in this race" only xlolx I'd love to see a small teams like Lehigh win "BUT" your bragging unrealistic fan's almost make your team as annoying as Dayton xsalutex

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
They don't. That dog got put down a while ago.

Your puppy will be put down on 3 DEC.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
xchinscratchx Ummm.. Didn't see where this thread was for "dogs in this race" only xlolx I'd love to see a small teams like Lehigh win "BUT" your bragging unrealistic fan's almost make your team as annoying as Dayton xsalutex

Please do not confuse Fan with lehigh posters. He is in a world of his own. Occasionally he makes an astute observation but that is more than overwhelmed by his incessant trolling. PFL insecurites are annoying but Fan and MplsBison are in a class of their own

LehighGuy
November 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Your puppy will be put down on 3 DEC.

At least he has one more week to go out and play.

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
At least he has one more week to go out and play.

LOL!! You sir are correct! My "ole yeller" laid down and died 19 Nov 2011 xbawlingx

Good luck the rest of the way xsalutex

RichH2
November 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
LOL!! You sir are correct! My "ole yeller" laid down and died 19 Nov 2011 xbawlingx

Good luck the rest of the way xsalutex

Thanks.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM

Dude... chill out! You are the only Lehigh fan whining about playing at Towson too! I'm offering an objective analysis of Lum and you start Lafayette bashing. It's not the focus here.

Lum gets more credit than he warrants at times...

a) He was MVP of the Game... despite going 20-35 with one TD. Groome or another defender should have won.
b) He has two very fast and talented receivers who are in excellent sync with Lum. They almost always get open. At this level, an efficiently designed offense will almost always have the advantage over defense. The secondary that has the speed and athleticism to defend such attacks are playing at a higher level.
c) Lehigh's playbook is designed to seemingly have five receivers open at once. A good QB will hit and find those open WRs.
d) The OL provides great protection. How else can he sit in the pocket and make great, smart reads?

He may have to be a better QB under pressure because teams with athletic DLs or LBs, like NDSU for example, will cause Lum to scramble. Making Lum go mobile is the key to victory. He missed open guys during the LC game, and he was not as effective during the UNH game when he was under pressure.

heath
November 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Dude... chill out! You are the only Lehigh fan whining about playing at Towson too! I'm offering an objective analysis of Lum and you start Lafayette bashing. It's not the focus here.

a) He was MVP of the Game... despite going 20-35 with one TD. Groome or another defender should have won.
b) He has two very fast and talented receivers who are in excellent sync with Lum. They almost always get open. At this level, an efficiently designed offense will almost always have the advantage over defense. The secondary that has the speed and athleticism to defend such attacks are playing at a higher level.
c) Lehigh's playbook is designed to seemingly have five receivers open at once. A good QB will hit and find those open WRs.
d) The OL provides great protection. How else can he sit in the pocket and make great, smart reads?

He may have to be a better QB under pressure because teams with athletic DLs or LBs, like NDSU for example, will cause Lum to scramble. Making Lum go mobile is the key to victory. He missed open guys during the LC game, and he was not as effective during the UNH game when he was under pressure.

you sound like a sour puss who can't wait til Lafayette gets a QB that warrants more credit than he deserves.If you know so much about Lehigh and their QB,call Ambrose and amuse him also,or just help YOUR team win a few next season...........geeesh:(

Engineer86
November 22nd, 2011, 05:48 PM

You only had one lose and that was to Delaware. Weren't they ranked below you at that point?

LUHawker
November 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM

You've been pooh-poohing Lum and LU all year. I get the rivalry thing and it is no fun watching your rival do well when your team sux - we were there too a few years ago. If you implied anything about the 147th's MVP, no one inferred it. On that point, I don't necessarily disagree. Broadly speaking, however, he deserves a ton of credit. As a PL watcher, in particular, and an FCS watcher, in general, you know that the QB can elevate a team. I think he's proven his worth. Perfect, he is not, but I wouldn't trade him.

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
You only had one lose and that was to Delaware. Weren't they ranked below you at that point?

Not that I know of. AGS and CS.com polls thrown out.

And how do you know I wasn't implying Maryland? :)

andy7171
November 22nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Again, the game hinges on Towson's D-line. Lehigh looks to have a veteran o-line. THAT will be the determining factor of the game. Can the experienced seniors handle the athletic d-line. Beltre, Tucker on the outside and Valentine, Farmer on the inside are quite a handful. Farmer really came into his own in the Maine game

Engineer86
November 22nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Not that I know of. AGS and CS.com polls thrown out.

And how do you know I wasn't implying Maryland? :)

Good point ;) I guess I try to ignore the BCS at all costs. FCS is all that matters unless they want to add a real playoff.

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
oh my...look

it is a fan of the UNRANKED team that failed to make the playoffs, but which beat NDSU about a week ago at NDSU's home field....

Lehigh's victory over NDSU in the quarterfinals will not be a three point victory as yours - it will be by at least 2 TD's

thanks for dropping by

So only fans of teams that are still in it can talk on these threads? Is that a new rule this season?

MTfan4life
November 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
where and when did I say that?

did you miss this comment by me?

"thanks for dropping by"

it is YOU that has followed and harrassed me on just about every post and every thread that I have posted on

I welcome all posters to all threads - even YOU, with your healthy hate of Lehigh and all it stands for...

Sorry for offending you ma'am.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Again, the game hinges on Towson's D-line. Lehigh looks to have a veteran o-line. THAT will be the determining factor of the game. Can the experienced seniors handle the athletic d-line. Beltre, Tucker on the outside and Valentine, Farmer on the inside are quite a handful. Farmer really came into his own in the Maine game

Man, I thought he'd take some time off from baseball!

(;-)

ngineer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:35 AM

One thing about Lehigh's OL--it's not completely seniors, just the center one guard and one tackle. One Junior and one Soph also in the mix. ONe thing about our OL--it's not overly big, but it is mobile, which is why they have done well. I have seen several teams this year with HUGE OL's (300-350 pounders) who couldn't move and were very ineffective. Give me an athletic 275-285 lb line with quick feet any day.

DJKyR0
November 23rd, 2011, 01:04 AM
Lehigh's victory over NDSU in the quarterfinals will not be a three point victory as yours - it will be by at least 2 TD's

So because your constant statement that NDSU wouldn't receive a ranking higher than 6-8 following our loss to Youngstown State apparently did not constitute a guarantee, can we say that your above statement does? Or is this just a spineless "prediction" again? The certainty you convey certainly implies a guarantee.

lehighfball
November 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM
oh my...look

thanks for dropping by

That's if and only if NDSU makes it to the quarterfinals.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2011, 01:34 AM
One thing about Lehigh's OL--it's not completely seniors, just the center one guard and one tackle. One Junior and one Soph also in the mix. ONe thing about our OL--it's not overly big, but it is mobile, which is why they have done well. I have seen several teams this year with HUGE OL's (300-350 pounders) who couldn't move and were very ineffective. Give me an athletic 275-285 lb line with quick feet any day.

Montana State said that last year against NDSU, they did again this year against Montana. Big O-Line's eventually wear down the opposition. Simple fact of football. Now if you can get an O-Line with quick feet and size......you might dominate the trenches.

oh my...look

it is a fan of the UNRANKED team that failed to make the playoffs, but which beat NDSU about a week ago at NDSU's home field....

So because an unranked team beat NDSU at NDSU you assume Lehigh would beat NDSU as well?(assuming they beat Towson, a tough battle at the very least. and assuming NDSU wins)

So because NDSU lost to Youngstown should UNI or Montana/Montana St., Georgia Southern, Appy St., etc. assume that they should beat NDSU? No. They should be prepared for a tough game because this NDSU team beat good teams this year and lost to a jekyl/hyde team. Lehigh could very well beat NDSU, but everyone on here outside of you and a select few others would expect NDSU to take care of Lehigh. Would people be surprised if Lehigh won? Yes, but they'd understand that on that day Lehigh was better. This is something you don't understand. Lehigh has struggled with teams that honestly suck. NDSU has struggled with a few teams as well, but because we play a real schedule rather than a terrible one, our guys deserve the benefit of the doubt. If NDSU and Lehigh played, NDSU would be playing against the 2nd. 3rd, or 4th best team they played all season. Lehigh would undoubtably be playing against the best team they had seen all season...and possibly in many years, not to mention in a very, very hostile environment, perhaps the loudest environment they had witnessed ever(domes get loud).

When Stanford beat USC a few years ago (John David Booty team) when USC was favored by something like 40 points did that mean that every team in the country who would have been favored against Stanford should have beat USC? No. Not by any means. On any given Saturday, different things can happen even if they don't make sense.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2011, 02:03 AM

oh my...look

thanks for dropping by

actually, Lehigh would beat NDSU state because they are a better team, not just because NDSU lost to an unranked team at home a week and a half ago...

Who is NDSU state? Ivy league education? My ***. Lehigh maybe could beat NDSU.

Since you seem to know everything about NDSU, I assume you have done some unreal film study.

I would like a breakdown of every position of NDSU's offense and defense. How does each player respond to the blitz? How does each defensive player respond to getting targeted? What does Brock Jensen do well? What does our Fullback do well? I am curious what you think about our center's play during the 1st quarter of games....on 2nd and long situations.

Surely you know the answer to these questions....as you seem quite certain that Lehigh would dominate NDSU....a team of bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic players...

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
344Johnson: While I am not an NDSU fan, and find a few (but far from all) of your fans insufferable, I will still happily note that there is an ignore function available for those users - from any team/region/mother's teat - whom you find objectionable. This will greatly improve your AGS experience.

(And, to be fair, I find some of the Griz fans insufferable too - every fanbase has a few people who seem to still be feasting on the brown acid from Woodstock).

Doc QB
November 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM

While no one stood out in The Rivalry with exceptional stats, offensive players have long been given the award despite pedestrian numbers. And while giving it it Groome or someone on defense would be nice, it would realistically be rather silly as they soundly held in check an incredibley hapless Laff offense that struggled mightly to even execute the center-qb exchange so many times it began to become embarrassing.

RichH2
November 23rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Oh Lord, Fan started out pretty good some relevant comments then OOPS here we go again. All LU fans want us to win but your vision of us as something akin to Green Bay ( even tho we used to have the same nickname) is at the best annoying and really just trolling.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
344Johnson: While I am not an NDSU fan, and find a few (but far from all) of your fans insufferable, I will still happily note that there is an ignore function available for those users - from any team/region/mother's teat - whom you find objectionable. This will greatly improve your AGS experience.

(And, to be fair, I find some of the Griz fans insufferable too - every fanbase has a few people who seem to still be feasting on the brown acid from Woodstock).

Without a doubt it seems NDSU has it's share of ridiculous posters(catch me on a bad day and I can be one of them) but I can't ignore TheFan....it might be healthier for me...but I can't

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Lehigh's loss to NDSU in the quarterfinals, if Lehigh is lucky enough to get there, is BASICALLY a guarantee,

just like the prediction that NDSU would be ranked in the 1-2 range was SURELY a guarantee, even after it lost at home to a barely-ranked team.

I hope this makes the situation very clear for you.

I took the liberty of fixing your quote for you. I even went as far as correcting your Ivy-league grammar.

Please sign by the "x" to endorse this statement.

x _____________________ Date: ___/___/_______

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Lose the 1st game....Towson wins easily.