PDA

View Full Version : Official and finalized Lafayette schedule..

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM
09/02/06 at Sacred Heart 1:00 PM
09/09/06 at Bucknell 1:00 PM
09/16/06 Penn 1:00 PM
09/23/06 at Princeton 6:00 PM
09/30/06 Yale 1:00 PM
10/14/06 at Harvard 1:00 PM
10/21/06 Holy Cross 1:00 PM
10/28/06 Colgate 1:00 PM
11/04/06 at Fordham 12:30 PM
11/11/06 Georgetown 12:30 PM
11/18/06 Lehigh 12:30 PM

We Pardsters have speculated that the UPenn game was going to be a 7pm kickoff to innagurate the new stadium and lights. However, I am assuming that the lights will not be completed yet, so no night game. Still, it will be a tremendous occassion.

Fordham
May 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Consider me jealous. Harvard, Yale, Princeton & Penn? Great work by your AD. Love this schedule.

carney2
May 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Consider me jealous. Harvard, Yale, Princeton & Penn? Great work by your AD. Love this schedule.

We'll trade you even up: one Ivy for an A-10, SoCon or Gateway.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 18th, 2006, 10:00 AM
A big :( on not having the lights ready. I was really hoping to double-dip that day: Lehigh at 1:00PM vs. Princeton, and Lafayette at 7PM versus Penn.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM

It's official we are apart of the HYP axis.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kudos, I really like it too.. I just wish, like carney, we had an A10 or Gateway on there. Drop Sacred Heart and add one of those teams and I'll be happy.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 10:03 AM
A big :( on not having the lights ready. I was really hoping to double-dip that day: Lehigh at 1:00PM vs. Princeton, and Lafayette at 7PM versus Penn.

Same here, I was contemplating "scouting" Princeton that day since we play them the following week. Maybe we will have a construction miracle. They could be completed and they just don't want to turn them on.. that would be weird though.

colgate13
May 18th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Considering past history, Lafayette fans might be a tad nervous for a 1-3/0-4 run here... nothing stinks like starting the bulk of the PL schedule with a losing streak away at Holy Cross and Colgate.

Tough, tough, tough...

89Hen
May 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
09/23/06 at Princeton 6:00 PM
Still on my list of places to go. You've got to make that game Pard.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Still on my list of places to go. You've got to make that game Pard.

Princeton is also one of my favorite places to watch a game.. even though we don't win. During Lafayette's bye week, Princeton is the team I usually visit. I'll definetely be at this one.. also because it coincides with the Fall Harvest tent dinner :D ... and it might be on CN8 too.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Considering past history, Lafayette fans might be a tad nervous for a 1-3/0-4 run here... nothing stinks like starting the bulk of the PL schedule with a losing streak away at Holy Cross and Colgate.

Tough, tough, tough...

Yes I am nervous but I am confident we can get it done this year despite your cyncism 13. We are home vs. Holy Cross... and Bucknell is our first PL game. We've won big games after falling to 'gate so I'm not that worried with how they are scheduled.

colgate13
May 18th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Yes I am nervous but I am confident we can get it done this year despite your cyncism 13.
Not trying to be a cynic, but Ivy wins against teams other than Columbia are few and far between for the Leopards... Princeton 2003.... Princeton 2000...Dartmouth 1999... Harvard 1996... that's it for the past 10 years. Not that you probably needed my reminder... :)

You've got the two top Ivy teams as bookends around two solid middle Ivy teams. No Columbia there. Coming out of that stretch .500 will be a major accomplishment IMO.

oh, and you're right about home vs. HC. I was looking at the schedule and saw it was the same as 'gate, which made me believe it was away. That schedule is wrong for Colgate. It's not a home game.

carney2
May 18th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Not trying to be a cynic, but Ivy wins against teams other than Columbia are few and far between for the Leopards... Princeton 2003.... Princeton 2000...Dartmouth 1999... Harvard 1996... that's it for the past 10 years. Not that you probably needed my reminder... :)

Right you are - we really don't want to hear from you about this.

Here's the start of an early argument, Pards: in my opinion, the Penn game is the second most important Saturday on the schedule. Aything less than a "W" here and this season is circling the bowl. No "good game;" no moral victories; no "showed real promise."

Could it be that the lack of night games on the schedule is because the lights are for other sports and not for football?

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Right you are - we really don't want to hear from you about this.

Here's the start of an early argument, Pards: in my opinion, the Penn game is the second most important Saturday on the schedule. Aything less than a "W" here and this season is circling the bowl. No "good game;" no moral victories; no "showed real promise."

Could it be that the lack of night games on the schedule is because the lights are for other sports and not for football?

I am not so sure about your deductions carney. Every league game is more important than the Penn game because league games determine our playoff bid. Even if you discount the league game arguement, we still have Colgate and Lehigh. Even if we don't beat Penn, we could still beat Sacred Heart, Bucknell, and Princeton and still be 3-1 heading into Yale. I'd take it.. and the season would be very much alive. We've blown some September games in 2004 and 2005, and then went on a tear through the PL. However, I do agree with you that this game is very important since it sets the tone for our mentality and confidence, shows we can break the Ivy hurdle, and win a big game. It does have alot riding on it, but we can just as easily recover the next week and be solid from there.

So far every indication from the website and chatter is that the field is for football only... so, no lights for the other teams. But who would need them anyhow? Lax and field hockey have them, soccer has them... you certainly can't play baseball at Fisher.. well not anymore. We should have other teams play there, but lights were a football priority.

colgate13
May 18th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I see (and share) carney's arguement. Sacred Heart and Bucknell should be wins - in fact, they shouldn't be close. Lose to Penn and you've still got 3 tough Ivy games before the rest of the PL. It's the start of a long, tough season. Not that you can't do it, but it will be tough.

IMO a worst case scenario for Lafayette is to lose 3 out of 4 to the Ivys. Your at-large chances are blown pretty much, your confidence heading into the PL is shaky, and there might be some dissention among the ranks about who should be carrying the ball or if Mauer should be playing injured or... fill in the blanks.

Conversely of course (to end on a positive ;)), get the Ivy monkey off your back and win 3 out of four - you're probably 5-1 before Holy Cross at home and 6-1 heading up to Colgate, trying to get that monkey off your back. IMO the make or break portion of the Leopard schedule is right near the front 1/3 of the year.

bluehenbillk
May 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I thought Delaware's schedule was weak...

Fordham
May 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
We'll trade you even up: one Ivy for an A-10, SoCon or Gateway.

If we had one to give, we could talk ...

Go...gate
May 18th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Love that Lafayette schedule - too bad Columbia wimped out!

I think you will beat Princeton on 9/23. I still don't think they've gotten over the Yale miracle last November.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I thought Delaware's schedule was weak...

Get lost! I know you are judging the schedule as a basis for judging our team's quality... That question has been disproved the past two postseasons.

Pard4Life
May 18th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Love that Lafayette schedule - too bad Columbia wimped out!

I think you will beat Princeton on 9/23. I still don't think they've gotten over the Yale miracle last November.

My memory is a bit hazy.. care to inform us?

Go...gate
May 18th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yale defeated Princeton on a late-game fumble by a Princeton player, which Yale turned into the winning score. The loss, like so many to Yale over the past 50 years (formal Ivy League play began in 1956), cost Princeton a share of the Ivy League Championship.

cosmo here
May 18th, 2006, 06:24 PM
oh, and you're right about home vs. HC. I was looking at the schedule and saw it was the same as 'gate, which made me believe it was away. That schedule is wrong for Colgate. It's not a home game.

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/lafa-m-footbl-sched.html

Pard4Life
May 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM
That schedule is wrong for Colgate. It's not a home game.

Darn it 13, we know!!! It just doesn't register in our pardster minds to change it whenever we cut and paste it!! :D

Pard94
May 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Tough, tough, tough...

Ah, 13, ever the optimist as usual. Don't worry my friend...there will be no losing streak to start the PL schedule. Great (and tough!) schedule. I am determined to make at lease a couple of games this year!

carney2
May 19th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Ivy wins against teams other than Columbia are few and far between for the Leopards... Princeton 2003.... Princeton 2000...Dartmouth 1999... Harvard 1996... that's it for the past 10 years.

We agree to disagree here, P4L. "Good games" vs. Delaware and ASU in the playoffs notwithstanding, to think that this is serious football with this kind of crap going on is delusional. The Ivy monkey needs to come off our backs before we can look I-AA in the eye. Anything less than a single Ivy loss - to Harvard, away - is unacceptable and, frankly, a failure.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Anything less than a single Ivy loss - to Harvard, away - is unacceptable and, frankly, a failure.

Congratulations, you've now officially become Lehigh fans.

Pards Rule
May 19th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Indeed...I DEMAND a U Penn win...MAKE IT HAPPEN PARDS (put me in that locker room beforehand and I will!)

carney2
May 19th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Indeed...I DEMAND a U Penn win...MAKE IT HAPPEN PARDS (put me in that locker room beforehand and I will!)

Your locker room pass is in the mail. You can easily recognize it because it has a picture of me with my foot in my mouth. That crack about becoming a Lehigh fan really hurt. Where are the Smack Police when you need them?

Pard4Life
May 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Your locker room pass is in the mail. You can easily recognize it because it has a picture of me with my foot in my mouth. That crack about becoming a Lehigh fan really hurt. Where are the Smack Police when you need them?

I have to admit, LFN was onto something there. We don't have to go 11-0. That'd be nice, but I'd take a PL title with 3 Ivy losses and a first round playoff victory. Not that I want to lose those games, the season will not be a failure if we don't.

Fordham
May 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Congratulations, you've now officially become Lehigh fans.

xlolx

carney2
May 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I have to admit, LFN was onto something there. We don't have to go 11-0. That'd be nice, but I'd take a PL title with 3 Ivy losses and a first round playoff victory. Not that I want to lose those games, the season will not be a failure if we don't.

My problem is - actually, my wife will tell you that I have lots of problems, so I guess this is my "problem of the moment" - if we lose to Penn, I see us at 7 - 4, and that's not buying any of the nice things that are in your crystal ball.

ngineer
May 19th, 2006, 11:10 PM

I'm upset, too. I was planning on the doing the 'double dip' as well, and Ralph was considering joining in on the trip. Will this change the itinerrary Oh Great One????

carney2
May 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
The latest and "official" word from the College is that all published game times are subject to change. They say that once the lights are installed and operational they will be in a better position to determine if night games are feasible for 2006. I guess this means that anyone who needs lead time to plan for that hoped for Princeton @ Lehigh, Penn @ Lafayette doubleheader is screwed.

Pards Rule
May 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM
LIGHTS ON!!! UPENN LOSS COMING!!!

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 11:08 AM

It would be a good idea.. it's family weekend, and the frosh kiddies need something to do with mommy and daddy. A night football game would be perfect since nothing else goes on... I think some lame talk or show goes on instead at that time.

LBPop
May 24th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Any chance that the Georgetown game will played at night? I don't want to miss the attractions in Easton. My Lehigh Alum colleague constantly raves about the tourist destinations in Easton, PA. ;)

Sorry, 'bout that. I just get an earfull annually from the ex-Engineer whom I have worked with for about 15 years. No smack intended since a Georgetown football fan clearly is living in a "glass house" these days. :nod: :( :bawling:

Pards Rule
May 24th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Pard, any personal visits recently or a website to see how the lights and renovations are going??

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Pard, any personal visits recently or a website to see how the lights and renovations are going??

Yup, I was there on Saturday... I posted this somewhere else, so I'll just copy and paste what I said on another thread here...

Since I was up at the school for the graduation on Saturday, I strolled around the campus and stopped at the football field. In contrast to what is being claimed here, I'd say construct is moving along at quite a reasonable pace. I was there three weeks ago as well, and both times, I side-stepped the construction fence and took a look around. The biggest difference I noticed Saturday compared with three weeks ago is that the crew is working on rehabillitating the stadium infrastructure. In many places, the concrete stands were very thin, cracking, and the stairs were very narrow. Three weeks ago, the crew had exposed thin spots and there were actually holes in the structure, where you could see the sky clearly from inside the cavern area. Much of the rebarb (I think that's what it's called) was rusted.

However on Saturday, all the holes were patched with fresh concrete, the west side of the stadium has been apparently completely groomed with fresh concrete that looks like it will be extened across the entire strucuture. In other words, the stands are going to look like they are brand new, when in fact we all know they are not. There were also some widened stairs constructed. Also, it looks they are beginning to construct a facade on the rear wall of the stadium along the concourse. What it will look like, I don't know, but the theme appears to be something archiac. And those open spaces at the bottom of the stadium where the stairs empty out onto the track are being closed off.

There is still a big open hole where the bathrooms once were. The visitor stands are now just groomed stone. There is a small pile of dirt on the field, but that has been there. The grass is mostly all overgrown... and still has not recovered from the Columbia game.

I would not call the work 'glacial'. They are moving at a respectable pace. My guess is the heavy construction will begin this week or shortly... it usually does once students move out and commencement is finished. After all.. imagine how a major field overhaul would interupt a potential commencement in the gym.

Plus, the dirt they are going to excavate from the field is going to be used on the quad to construct new pathways and a new surface.. I don't know how this will be done and how it will look... but you can't move tons of dirt across campus with students around.

So, be patient, there are still like, 120 days left until the opening kickoff vs. Penn.

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Any chance that the Georgetown game will played at night? I don't want to miss the attractions in Easton. My Lehigh Alum colleague constantly raves about the tourist destinations in Easton, PA. ;)

Sorry, 'bout that. I just get an earfull annually from the ex-Engineer whom I have worked with for about 15 years. No smack intended since a Georgetown football fan clearly is living in a "glass house" these days. :nod: :( :bawling:

Don't believe a word he says. There are plent of tourist destinations... The Crayola factory, the canal ride and museum, the local history museum that dates back to the 1750s, a steam-train ride... sorry there aren't any old rusty steel mills to go play in, like what you'd have to do in Bethlehem for fun.

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Don't forget the PEZ museum!!!

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.eastonmuseumofpez.com/

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Don't forget the PEZ museum!!!

..wow.. thanks LF04, did not even know that existed.

Pards Rule
May 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
NEWS FLASH:: Today, President Dan Weiss of LafCol says yes indeed the UPenn game will be at night!! Got this from an admin "muckety-muck"! GO PARDS GO!!!!!!!

LBPop
May 24th, 2006, 01:45 PM
..wow.. thanks LF04, did not even know that existed.

I echo that...thanks! How can I pass up a chance to go to the Pez museum? Might even miss the game to check that out...yeah, right.

Actually, I seriously will look into it. Depends on the time of the game.

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I realize that Pez and Crayola can sound kind of lame...but in reality, Easton has improved greatly over the last several years...there's a lot of shops and bar/restaurants to check out...along with little art gallerys and the like...

Pards Rule
May 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM
LB, better move your sightseeing to the daytime hours!

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 02:00 PM
NEWS FLASH:: Today, President Dan Weiss of LafCol says yes indeed the UPenn game will be at night!! Got this from an admin "muckety-muck"! GO PARDS GO!!!!!!!

That's good news...I was hoping to talk to Weiss following Commencement, but it didn't happen...(probably better than he talk to proud parents than someone asking about lights/field anyway)...

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 02:10 PM

Seriously?? That's awesome news! I definetely can't wait.... oh and pardsters, make sure you buy your tickets on August 1.. the first day of sale.. I suspect this game will be a sellout!

LFN... how about attending this game for I-AA journal? I know you did for Princeton last year and it'd be weird going to Lafayette again... but there is a compelling reason now.... double-dip Lehigh and Lafayette... 1st Laf night game ever... Penn's first season post-tragedy.

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I realize that Pez and Crayola can sound kind of lame...but in reality, Easton has improved greatly over the last several years...there's a lot of shops and bar/restaurants to check out...along with little art gallerys and the like...

Lame?? What ballpark are you from? Both are awesome!

colgate13
May 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM

Ah, the Crayola factory is overated. My son and I were bored after about 45 minutes. The actual Crayola store next to it was more interesting!

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 03:13 PM
An update on Fisher as noted by Xbo on the Lafayette board...

"They've begun a new phase of construction. There are 3 frontend loaders, a milling machine, a gradeall and a couple of dumptrucks workng on the floor. The top layer of the track is gone and they are working on removing the base."

Looks like my status assessment from 3days ago is irrelevant!

Lehigh Football Nation
May 24th, 2006, 03:42 PM
LFN... how about attending this game for I-AA journal? I know you did for Princeton last year and it'd be weird going to Lafayette again... but there is a compelling reason now.... double-dip Lehigh and Lafayette... 1st Laf night game ever... Penn's first season post-tragedy.

Pard, I can say that if I can do this as a day/night game (Lehigh during the day, Lafayette during the night), then I will be there. I can't speak for Ralph, but I would think a Lehigh/Lafayette double-dip may be enough to entice him to go as well. :)

(3 Lehigh games and 2 Lafayette games as diaries in one year? How will I justify this one? :eek: Granted, one will be Lehigh/Lafayette, but still!)

Pard4Life
May 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Pard, I can say that if I can do this as a day/night game (Lehigh during the day, Lafayette during the night), then I will be there. I can't speak for Ralph, but I would think a Lehigh/Lafayette double-dip may be enough to entice him to go as well. :)

(3 Lehigh games and 2 Lafayette games as diaries in one year? How will I justify this one? :eek: Granted, one will be Lehigh/Lafayette, but still!)

Well, our profiles have increased steadily in I-AA, particularly Lafayette recently. But, apparently not visible enough, as there are no PLers in the top 25. You could take that though as needing to expose us even more though!

Just curious... what is your selection criteria for the diary entries?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Just curious... what is your selection criteria for the diary entries?

That's a super-secret formula. xlolx But I can say that as a Lehigh fan, I need little motivation to watch Lehigh play or to scout out Lafayette. Similarly, with Colgate playing at Lehigh this year it's hard not to check that game out as well.

Besides, I need to say hello to '13' once he passes 7,500 posts... :)

carney2
May 24th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Any chance that the Georgetown game will played at night?

Here's hoping that we don't go any deeper into the schedule than the Yale game (September 30th) with these night games. Some of those October/November games are cold enough in the daytime.

I am taking the Weiss comment in this thread about the Penn game being under the lights seriously. If it's a joke, I need a certain Pard's address for the letter bomb.

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Agreed...I meant more along the lines of someone looking for like exciting nightlife...I was responding to the comment about lack of destinations in Easton...there are plenty...:)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 24th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Agreed...I meant more along the lines of someone looking for like exciting nightlife...I was responding to the comment about lack of destinations in Easton...there are plenty...:)

I thought Lafayette people looking for nightlife went over to the "the Hill" in Bethlehem... Bethlehem Beer Works... the Tally 'Ho...:D

LeopardFan04
May 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I've actually never been...It's on my list to do though...

ngineer
May 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Ralph and I were chatting about this possibility a few months ago. I've offered to put him up at my house--we got the room being 'empty nesters' now--and my wife insisted. So if Lafayette is going to actually "see the light", then I would hope Sept.16 will be the PL/Ivy 'double dip' feature of the week!
Ralph--if you're reading this, let me know whether you're still seriously considering this. I know it's some time off yet, but with my 'job' I like to block out my time on my calendar as far as I can so I can avoid scheduling problems.:read:

Pards Rule
May 25th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Carney2, no I wouldn't BS you (maybe some Chickenhawks but never fellow Pards!)...No, this came from an admin official who heard it direct from Weiss' mouth that morning..From the other post about the pace of construction, it seems like it should happen (I mean they got three months to go, right?)

89Hen
May 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Here's hoping that we don't go any deeper into the schedule than the Yale game (September 30th) with these night games. Some of those October/November games are cold enough in the daytime.
That is the case in Newark. First three home games are at night, rest of the season day. Often the first three games are all at home, this year game three is on the road and game four is UNH at home at night. That's about as late in the season as you'll see a night game here.

One of the coldest games I've been to was a UVA/Maryland Thursday night ESPN game: Temperature: 38, Wind: 27mph NW in the dark. The other thing is that I hate tailgating in the dark. :nod:

colgate13
May 25th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Hey, did you guys realize there is a live construction web cam up?

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

Pards Rule
May 25th, 2006, 11:17 AM
No, but it took a Red Raider to find that out! Thx Colgate!

cosmo here
May 25th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Yes, I realized, it has been up for two months :nod: same spot, too . .

http://goleopards.cstv.com/

Pard4Life
May 25th, 2006, 12:41 PM

Yup, I can view it at home, but my computer at work can't register the software to view it for smoe reason.

Pard4Life
May 25th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I thought Lafayette people looking for nightlife went over to the "the Hill" in Bethlehem... Bethlehem Beer Works... the Tally 'Ho...:D

Alot of Pardsters hang out down in the circle and those assorted bars. Or, up on the hill adjacent to the campus, like College Hill Tavern, Morrici's.. Campus Pizza (the food is awful).

But me personally, I've been over to Breworks alot and some establishments on off of campus square.. but that's only because I had some friends over at Lehigh. That aside, I don't think many would venture over there.

carney2
May 25th, 2006, 12:45 PM

Yes, but it cannot be "registered" on my computer, whatever that means.

Pards Rule
May 25th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Alot of Pardsters hang out down in the circle and those assorted bars. Or, up on the hill adjacent to the campus, like College Hill Tavern, Morrici's.. Campus Pizza (the food is awful).

But me personally, I've been over to Breworks alot and some establishments on off of campus square.. but that's only because I had some friends over at Lehigh. That aside, I don't think many would venture over there.

I remember when Morici's first opened in spring, 1983..Husband & wife (Angie, wife, and ugh, can't recall his name!) used to run a place called Hoagie Hut across the street but had issues with their landlord who eventually took that shop for himself. So they opened a short order place across the street. I regularly ate there weekends as the food was good, prices were cheap, and they loved me (maybe cause I was one of the few customers in the first few months) Still, when I return I get a warm welcome from them!

LeopardFan04
May 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM

I actually posted this awhile ago in the stadium pic thread...I wish it could rotate, that's the major problem everytime I load it everything looks the same...

Pard4Life
May 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I actually posted this awhile ago in the stadium pic thread...I wish it could rotate, that's the major problem everytime I load it everything looks the same...

AND.. whenever I view it at home, it freezes or causes an error after viewing it for like 30 seconds... plus, they have not updated any construction pictures since March 20.. they are really slacking over there in the AD! :D

Lehigh Football Nation
May 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I see it now... at 4:22PM Thursday, I see an empty backhoe and a lot of dirt. :p Why aren't they working for my enjoyment????

:D

Seriously, I'm running Firefox 1.5 and I see it fine.

LeopardFan04
May 25th, 2006, 03:56 PM
It's strange, on one of our computers it always works, and it doesn't seem to on the other I've tried...and yes, I really wish they'd show updated construction pictures...but from the looks of things last weekend...there's not much visual change to show yet...

LeopardFan04
May 25th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I had realized that the view had changed until now...the past several times I had checked it, it was only a zoomed in view of a section of the home stands...now as LFN's stated there's a better view of the project...

cosmo here
May 25th, 2006, 04:45 PM
It's strange, on one of our computers it always works, and it doesn't seem to on the other I've tried...and yes, I really wish they'd show updated construction pictures...but from the looks of things last weekend...there's not much visual change to show yet...

I'll echo that, I think that when things change, there will be updated photos. There's not much excitement around the repair work to the physical structure over the last couple months.

TheValleyRaider
May 25th, 2006, 05:05 PM
One of the coldest games I've been to was a UVA/Maryland Thursday night ESPN game: Temperature: 38, Wind: 27mph NW in the dark. The other thing is that I hate tailgating in the dark. :nod:

You call that cold? :p

Pard4Life
May 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
You call that cold? :p

xlolx Lafayette has played at Colgate where the temperature at kickoff is 35 and windy... at 12:30 in the afternoon... the first weekend of November.. with the sun out.. those southern football fans have it easy..

colgate13
May 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM
xlolx Lafayette has played at Colgate where the temperature at kickoff is 35 and windy... at 12:30 in the afternoon... the first weekend of November.. with the sun out.. those southern football fans have it easy..

And we'd have it no other way... :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

TheValleyRaider
May 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM

Even funnier is the two trips I've made to Lafayette in 2003 and 2005 (first weekend in November), it's been 70+ and sunny.

Pard4Life
May 26th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Even funnier is the two trips I've made to Lafayette in 2003 and 2005 (first weekend in November), it's been 70+ and sunny.

Yeah, I hate that... you guys bring the warm weather with you.. what gives? Nothing is worse than an Indian Summer day in late fall.. everything smells odd, and you don't know how to dress. Funny thing is the week before that vs. Bucknell, it was the coldest game of the season to date... strong winds and a crisp, chilly day. In 2001, it was a very cold day though, so at least that compensates for the warm streak.

I expect some snow on the ground this October 28.

colgate13
May 26th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I expect some snow on the ground this October 28.

To early for the ground, but in the air? Definite possibility. :nod:

We usually see snow before Halloween.

LBPop
May 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
To early for the ground, but in the air? Definite possibility. :nod:

We usually see snow before Halloween.

This is starting to sound like a thread from the Lounge that would be entitled, "What's the coldest you have ever been?" I know my answer--it was in January of 2004 in Hanover, NH. The high temperature was -8 F and the low was -23 F. :eek:

That is a partial explanation of why LBKid is at Georgetown. :nod:

cosmo here
May 30th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Updated Lafayette schedule posted online . . the changes that I'm able to tell from the last version:

Sept. 9 at Bucknell - 7 p.m.
Oct. 21 vs. Holy Cross - 3 p.m. (Homecoming)
Nov. 11 vs. Georgetown - 1 p.m.
Nov. 18 vs. Lehigh - 1 p.m.

It also looks like the Sept. 30 game vs. Yale will be live on CSTV at 1 p.m. and everything is on the Lafayette Sports Network.

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Updated Lafayette schedule posted online . . the changes that I'm able to tell from the last version:

Sept. 9 at Bucknell - 7 p.m.
Oct. 21 vs. Holy Cross - 3 p.m. (Homecoming)
Nov. 11 vs. Georgetown - 1 p.m.
Nov. 18 vs. Lehigh - 1 p.m.

It also looks like the Sept. 30 game vs. Yale will be live on CSTV at 1 p.m. and everything is on the Lafayette Sports Network.

This is interesting...

Kind of annoyed about that Bucknell starting time.. that means driving on Rt. 80 in the dark on the way home.. avoiding deer, moose, and UFOs.

Why is the homecoming start time so late? If you are thinking about partying.. everyone will be passed out or nap time by that point... plus you have your morning activities and then cap it off with football right after lunch and then into dinner.

The 12:30 to 1pm times are no big deal since we have the lights now.

colgate13
May 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM
The 12:30 to 1pm times are no big deal since we have the lights now.

An often overlooked benefits to lights IMO. Right now we've got to have 12:30 start times after day light savings or you could run out of light in an OT. Even still, you could run out of light in OT!

Lights let you transition into the end of season much easier.

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
An often overlooked benefits to lights IMO. Right now we've got to have 12:30 start times after day light savings or you could run out of light in an OT. Even still, you could run out of light in OT!

Lights let you transition into the end of season much easier.

Yeah, like the Lafayette - Lehigh game.. that famous catch by Lehigh in 95 (which has now been supplanted) was done in the dark.. and in OT.. lights will solve that issue now... well, only at Fisher.

cosmo here
May 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Still wondering where this came from, it isn't reflected in the most recent schedule.

carney2
May 30th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, like the Lafayette - Lehigh game.. that famous catch by Lehigh in 95 (which has now been supplanted) was done in the dark.. and in OT.. lights will solve that issue now... well, only at Fisher.

It wasn't dark enough - that little S _ _ t caught it and I saw it.

carney2
May 30th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Kind of annoyed about that Bucknell starting time.. that means driving on Rt. 80 in the dark on the way home.. avoiding deer, moose, and UFOs.

It certainly upsets my plans. A whole gang of us were going to drive up there. The first guy was gonna drive in from NJ, pick me up in the Lehigh Valley and we would then stop for one more near Wilkes-Barre. Two more would drive in from Williamsport and meet us at the stadium. Now it looks like it's gonna be me and my TV, with the rest of these folks sitting by their monitors waiting for email updates from me. I didn't know that Bucknell has lights. They're in the middle of nowhere up there. Who, besides students and townies, is going to subject himself to the 10:00 homeward journey described by P4L?

The TV plans for the Yale game end any hopes there for a home night game. That leaves Penn, and I guess that we are still many weeks away from anything official on that.

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2006, 08:29 AM
It certainly upsets my plans. A whole gang of us were going to drive up there. The first guy was gonna drive in from NJ, pick me up in the Lehigh Valley and we would then stop for one more near Wilkes-Barre. Two more would drive in from Williamsport and meet us at the stadium. Now it looks like it's gonna be me and my TV, with the rest of these folks sitting by their monitors waiting for email updates from me. I didn't know that Bucknell has lights. They're in the middle of nowhere up there. Who, besides students and townies, is going to subject himself to the 10:00 homeward journey described by P4L?

The TV plans for the Yale game end any hopes there for a home night game. That leaves Penn, and I guess that we are still many weeks away from anything official on that.

Yeah, it does suck. I was going to pick up my dad, who lives right off 611 just south of Rt. 80. So it would have been.. Rt.80 NJ, 10mile detour, then Bucknell.. straight line.. on a nice early morning/afternoon. Not only is one tired at 10pm and a two+ hour drive, the cops will likely be more restrictive of speeding in the dark too.

Bucknell does have lights.. I had to think twice about that in the past.. it was apart of their new stadium project and they have had a few night games scheduled in the past.

Perhaps we can lobby McC to change it? The travel party goes way down with that start time.. it is far.

SoCon48
May 31st, 2006, 08:34 AM
IMOP, it was a priviledge for my Apps to fae you guys in the play-offs last year.

Pard94
May 31st, 2006, 08:46 AM
IMOP, it was a priviledge for my Apps to fae you guys in the play-offs last year.

The priveledge was all ours in my opinion. The highlight of a highlight filled season. Great game in front of classy, knowledgible fans. Can't ask for more.

Pard94
May 31st, 2006, 08:47 AM
The priveledge was all ours in my opinion. The highlight of a highlight filled season. Great game in front of classy, knowledgible fans. Can't ask for more.

Excuse the spelling mistakes...i majored in Art History.:rolleyes:

Pards Rule
May 31st, 2006, 10:32 AM
Pard 94, I thought u majored in drinking and that was the root cause of your errors...Someone help me..I swear I saw UPenn Sept 16th..WTF happened?!?! GET IT BACK!

carney2
May 31st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it does suck. I was going to pick up my dad, who lives right off 611 just south of Rt. 80. So it would have been.. Rt.80 NJ, 10mile detour, then Bucknell.. straight line.. on a nice early morning/afternoon. Not only is one tired at 10pm and a two+ hour drive, the cops will likely be more restrictive of speeding in the dark too.

Bucknell does have lights.. I had to think twice about that in the past.. it was apart of their new stadium project and they have had a few night games scheduled in the past.

Perhaps we can lobby McC to change it? The travel party goes way down with that start time.. it is far.

I definitely will revert to Plan B (TV) if it remains a 7:00 start. You're right about the travel party being meager. As I hinted earlier, I really do wonder how these late starts affect attendance in an out of the way place like Lewisburg.

Would lobby el Bruce if I thought that it would do any good. Isn't this a home team decision based on the rules of "like it or lump it?" Besides, it puts him in a very delicate position should he ever see the desirability of scheduling Bucknell under the lights in some future season.

I've avoided Princeton the past couple of times because the lack of direct route between Tigertown and the Lehigh Valley makes it a tough trip after 10:00. With the posted 6:00 start, I may reconsider this time around. Even that one hour makes a difference. It's almost civilized.

colgate13
May 31st, 2006, 12:59 PM
I cannot believe this thread has lasted as long as it has....

carney2
May 31st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Someone help me..I swear I saw UPenn Sept 16th..WTF happened?!?! GET IT BACK!

I don't understand your "question." It's still on the "official" schedule with a 1:00 start. The athletic department says that all game times are "subject to change," and info at this website says that Weiss has gone on record that the game will be played under the lights.

cosmo here
May 31st, 2006, 01:16 PM
I don't understand your "question." It's still on the "official" schedule with a 1:00 start. The athletic department says that all game times are "subject to change," and info at this website says that Weiss has gone on record that the game will be played under the lights.

I think the concern is that the official times for a number of games have been changed, including a couple games later in the day (at Bucknell, Homecoming and November home games) but not the Penn game.

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM
I definitely will revert to Plan B (TV) if it remains a 7:00 start. You're right about the travel party being meager. As I hinted earlier, I really do wonder how these late starts affect attendance in an out of the way place like Lewisburg.

Would lobby el Bruce if I thought that it would do any good. Isn't this a home team decision based on the rules of "like it or lump it?" Besides, it puts him in a very delicate position should he ever see the desirability of scheduling Bucknell under the lights in some future season.

I've avoided Princeton the past couple of times because the lack of direct route between Tigertown and the Lehigh Valley makes it a tough trip after 10:00. With the posted 6:00 start, I may reconsider this time around. Even that one hour makes a difference. It's almost civilized.

The Princeton game is definetely worth the trip, especially if it is a night game. For some reason, a night game in their stadium is like sitting out on your porch on a nice, cool night. Plus, that is when we have our fall harvest dinner... excellent food and desserts.. for $30 each...

Plus the drive down is very nice... I don't know why everyone goes 78-206... I always go from Easton 78 - 31 south through Flemington.. then Hopewell Valley Turnpike... it's such a nice drive at sunset, and not much traffic, and it takes roughly the same time. I usually head back via 206 though... less deer, no traffic, and you move fast.

I recommend making the trip carney :)

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2006, 03:49 PM
I cannot believe this thread has lasted as long as it has....

We pardsters are a hardnosed bunch :D

Pards Rule
May 31st, 2006, 04:04 PM
Indeed as our good friends in Boone & Newark found out! :)

colgate13
May 31st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Plus the drive down is very nice... I don't know why everyone goes 78-206... I always go from Easton 78 - 31 south through Flemington.. then Hopewell Valley Turnpike... it's such a nice drive at sunset, and not much traffic, and it takes roughly the same time. I usually head back via 206 though... less deer, no traffic, and you move fast.

That is the way to go!

As a side bonus P4L, next time you go through there you can take heart in knowing that you are in many ways doing a colgate13 glory days trip! North Hunterdon, Hunterdon Central... good times!

Go...gate
May 31st, 2006, 09:24 PM
Do you mean Route 518 off 31, which takes you through Hopewell Borough on the way to 206? There is a short cut, BTW.

ngineer
May 31st, 2006, 10:21 PM
The Princeton game is definetely worth the trip, especially if it is a night game. For some reason, a night game in their stadium is like sitting out on your porch on a nice, cool night. Plus, that is when we have our fall harvest dinner... excellent food and desserts.. for $30 each...

I recommend making the trip carney :)

That's the route I take when Lehigh plays at Princeton. VERY MUCH worth the trip. Best I-AA stadium in country IMO. Only an hour drive from Easton.

ngineer
May 31st, 2006, 10:25 PM

I don't think Klingerman's catch was supplanted by this year's 'hail mary'. The catch by Klingerman in the 'gloaming' was one-handed in the back of the end zone, leaping under the goalposts. This past year's catch was an easy basket catch behind the DB. Granted last year's outcome is certainly more to your liking, but in terms of a spectacular catch, Klingerman's is still the gold standard.;)

Pard94
June 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM
I don't think Klingerman's catch was supplanted by this year's 'hail mary'. The catch by Klingerman in the 'gloaming' was one-handed in the back of the end zone, leaping under the goalposts. This past year's catch was an easy basket catch behind the DB. Granted last year's outcome is certainly more to your liking, but in terms of a spectacular catch, Klingerman's is still the gold standard.;)

Okay, how bout the greatest scramble and pass to account for the greatest finish in the history of the Rivalry. I'll settle for that.

Fordham
June 1st, 2006, 08:09 AM
sheesh! Did all of you Pard fans graduate in the 40's? I've never seen so many complaints over a little night driving!!!! :D

I sense a pretty high "bid-up" if Depends and Metamucil are offered for the next AGS auction. (http://www.aarp.org/)

carney2
June 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM

Suck it up, Mr. n. When seen from the visiting stands at Goodman, well...we definitely like the 2005 catch better. Much better. Klingerman gets the silver medal.

carney2
June 1st, 2006, 08:35 AM
sheesh! Did all of you Pard fans graduate in the 40's? I've never seen so many complaints over a little night driving!!!! :D

I sense a pretty high "bid-up" if Depends and Metamucil are offered for the next AGS auction. (http://www.aarp.org/)

Don't know about the others, but my choice for the Bucknell game is at present: dodging deer and drunks on Rte. 80 at midnight vs. me in my recliner watching it live and in living color.

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
Do you mean Route 518 off 31, which takes you through Hopewell Borough on the way to 206? There is a short cut, BTW.

Which other way are you referring to?

But yeah, I believe 518 is the CR number... exactly.. 78 - 31 - 202- 31 - 518 - and then south on some road's name I forget.. but it funnels directly out at 206, about 1.5 miles south of the main town area. It could be 520-something, but it goes up and down some hills, through some woods.. there is a four-way stop sign in a 'shady glen' area on that road off of the HV Tpk.

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM

Davis was within a inch of getting sacked.. another step and that would have been the game... the DB was jumping in Hurt's face... and I think Hurt was even stumbling backwards when he caught it, or right after the catch.. the DB was in inches of deflecting the pass.. Hurt was all concentration too..

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 08:47 AM
Don't know about the others, but my choice for the Bucknell game is at present: dodging deer and drunks on Rte. 80 at midnight vs. me in my recliner watching it live and in living color.

Yeah, I will more than likely make the trip and risk ending up on an X-Files episode... second game of the season, first league game, and Bucknell has a nice place. I wonder what gas will be by that point.. :rolleyes:

LBPop
June 1st, 2006, 09:13 AM

I was thinking the same thing. :nod: As I read this thread I feel like I'm sitting on the front porch of a rest home listening to the guys discussing the various routes they take. And hey, this observation is coming from an old guy!

I'm thinking of starting a new thread entitled, "Operations and illnesses that I have had." Should generate a lot of action... xlolx :rolleyes:

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing. :nod: As I read this thread I feel like I'm sitting on the front porch of a rest home listening to the guys discussing the various routes they take. And hey, this observation is coming from an old guy!

I'm thinking of starting a new thread entitled, "Operations and illnesses that I have had." Should generate a lot of action... xlolx :rolleyes:

xlolx

Well, our program has been stuck in the 40s for many years until recently. Getting a new stadium and lights brings us into the 'modern era'. You could have probably dressed people up in period clothing and filmed a movie set in the 40s at Fisher quite easily.

What's wrong with discussing driving routes? Getting there is nearly half the fun of football Saturday! :D

And I like that thread suggestion.. but instead.. let's change it to disgusting scars and sports injuries.

colgate13
June 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM
let's change it to disgusting scars and sports injuries.

Go for it! I've got at least 3 to share...:D

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Go for it! I've got at least 3 to share...:D

The funny thing is... I've never been hurt playing anything! I was that kid who was the stocky tank whose friends all would like to pile on and see how many it would take to bring down :D

For some reason, they never understood to take out my legs when playing pickup football.

Only sissy injuries.. broken wrist roller skating, a nice gash after walking into a computer desk.. rolled ankle running.. I have a nice scar running above my knee from a collapsed tree house we were building.. nothing football related.

colgate13
June 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've got 2 4-5 inch scars from football and a 1 1/2 in scar from baseball. All surgerys.... I also chipped a good portion of one tooth in wrestling... I'm sure there is more! (like torn hammy's, busted ankles, etc...)

LBPop
June 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
I've got 2 4-5 inch scars from football and a 1 1/2 in scar from baseball. All surgerys.... I also chipped a good portion of one tooth in wrestling... I'm sure there is more! (like torn hammy's, busted ankles, etc...)

Please excuse me while I hum Springsteen's "Glory Days" and take out my AARP card. xcoffeex

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM
Please excuse me while I hum Springsteen's "Glory Days" and take out my AARP card. xcoffeex

xlolx Reminiscing is great.

colgate13
June 1st, 2006, 01:10 PM

A favorite song of mine no doubt!

(closed circuit to LBPop: I think you know why I'm waxing nostalgic!)

Pard94
June 1st, 2006, 01:14 PM
No major injuries from football other than turf toe. I have noticed, however, that since my playing days I have lost much of my hair and my gut has gotten bigger. Does that count?

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 01:37 PM
No major injuries from football other than turf toe. I have noticed, however, that since my playing days I have lost much of my hair and my gut has gotten bigger. Does that count?

I guess so, it puts you on the permanent DL.

LBPop
June 1st, 2006, 02:16 PM
I have decided that this thread should be re-named, "The Seinfeld Thread". You, my faithful AGS brethren, and I have managed to fill most of its 12 pages writing about nothing. I can't imagine a better topic. :hurray:

...with the possible exception of "Bikinis".

I really have to work now, but I will be monitoring this thread to be sure everyone stays on topic. :rolleyes:

Fordham
June 1st, 2006, 02:30 PM
I have decided that this thread should be re-named, "The Seinfeld Thread". You, my faithful AGS brethren, and I have managed to fill most of its 12 pages writing about nothing. I can't imagine a better topic. :hurray:

HA! Pop - go to User CP at the top of the page, click "Edit Options" and under the 3rd block of stuff you'll see the opportunity to increase your number of posts per page.

This thing is on page 4 for the rest of us. xlolx :nod:

Next we'll be working on getting that VCR to stop blinking 12:00. (by getting you to throw it out and buy a DVD player).

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 02:30 PM

...with the possible exception of "Bikinis".

I really have to work now, but I will be monitoring this thread to be sure everyone stays on topic. :rolleyes:

Well we were discussing the best routes to get to the games and the times of the scheduled games.. so we were on target, until you brought up injuries xlolx

On that note, the best trip I've had to a game is to Princeton 2002. We rode in a police motorcade from the Delaware all the way to Princeton Stadium. It was said Tavani was owed a 'favor'... I don't know if that is true... but it was sweet coasting through construction, red lights, and traffic on 202 at 4pm!

carney2
June 1st, 2006, 03:47 PM
Final score: Broken Bones 5* - Varsity Letters 0

*Only counting the ones from athletics

Franks Tanks
June 1st, 2006, 06:38 PM
Well we were discussing the best routes to get to the games and the times of the scheduled games.. so we were on target, until you brought up injuries xlolx

On that note, the best trip I've had to a game is to Princeton 2002. We rode in a police motorcade from the Delaware all the way to Princeton Stadium. It was said Tavani was owed a 'favor'... I don't know if that is true... but it was sweet coasting through construction, red lights, and traffic on 202 at 4pm!

If I remeber correctly that motorcade was courtesy of ex strengh coach and NJ state trooper Gary "whooh" Talijan. I remember being rather mad though since we left campus rather late and didnt really have a ton of time at Princeton before the game. It was a night game and close so staying at a hotel the night before was scrapped in favor of the game day bus ride, but it wasnt my favorite tactic

ngineer
June 1st, 2006, 06:53 PM
The funny thing is... I've never been hurt playing anything! I was that kid who was the stocky tank whose friends all would like to pile on and see how many it would take to bring down :D

For some reason, they never understood to take out my legs when playing pickup football.

Only sissy injuries.. broken wrist roller skating, a nice gash after walking into a computer desk.. rolled ankle running.. I have a nice scar running above my knee from a collapsed tree house we were building.. nothing football related.
Same here. I never suffered a 'serious' injury playing football. Although I'm paying a price now, at age 54, with stenosis in the neck (though a good amount of that can be attributed to wrestling,too), stiff knees, and ankles.

ngineer
June 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM
Okay, how bout the greatest scramble and pass to account for the greatest finish in the history of the Rivalry. I'll settle for that.

You got it.;)

ngineer
June 1st, 2006, 06:59 PM
Suck it up, Mr. n. When seen from the visiting stands at Goodman, well...we definitely like the 2005 catch better. Much better. Klingerman gets the silver medal.

See my previous post. I am talking about THE CATCH. Klingerman's was acrobatic in the dark. Lafayette's receiver had the ball land in his gut. Had he dropped it, he would have dug a hole in the endzone. Had Klingerman not held on to his, it would not have been a shock.

Go...gate
June 1st, 2006, 10:29 PM
Take 518 to the Borough of Hopewell and make a right onto Carter Road (there is a Lotus dealership on the corner). Take Carter Road to Rosedale Road (about 3 miles - starts in Lawrence Township and ends in Princeton Township) and turn left onto Rosedale. Take Rosedale Road for about 3 more miles until it intersects with Elm Road (you will bear right onto Elm Road). Take Elm Road about 1/2 mile until it intersects with Stockton Street (Route 206). Turn left and continue on Stockton/206 until you hit Nassau Street. You bypass a lot of unnecessary traffic in Hopewell and Montgomery Townships this way.

Oh, and on the subject of injuries, nothing from HS football, basketball or LAX. I did break my back five years ago in a car accident.

I saw THE CATCH by Klingerman and it is one of the most dramatic college FB moments in my near half-century of watching games.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 1st, 2006, 11:09 PM
In the rivalry....

.... there is only one "CATCH", by Brian Klingerman in the end zone. I remember it well. Most fans had never even experienced college overtime at the time.

BUT, last year has to be considered something special. The backup QB comes off the bench in the 1st quarter, Lafayette is down by 9 points in the 4th quarter. Davis rallies for an incredible score, and then gets the ball back and completes 6 passes for the score, including a 4th down TD with under a minute to play.

It's one of the most incredible, yet heartbreaking plays, I've ever seen as a Lehigh fan.

Focusing on the "catch" is a mistake. You have to focus on "THE DRIVE".

LeopardFan04
June 1st, 2006, 11:12 PM
If we're talking recent games, let's add The Drive in 02 to the argument...McCourt/Glavic and company suck the life out of the Lehigh defense...go down and score, and the LC D holds one last time...Tavani gambled more than once on that drive...

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
In the rivalry....

.... there is only one "CATCH", by Brian Klingerman in the end zone. I remember it well. Most fans had never even experienced college overtime at the time.

BUT, last year has to be considered something special. The backup QB comes off the bench in the 1st quarter, Lafayette is down by 9 points in the 4th quarter. Davis rallies for an incredible score, and then gets the ball back and completes 6 passes for the score, including a 4th down TD with under a minute to play.

It's one of the most incredible, yet heartbreaking plays, I've ever seen as a Lehigh fan.

Focusing on the "catch" is a mistake. You have to focus on "THE DRIVE".

Like Leopard04 said, THE DRIVE was in 2002 my friend... but of course you probably deleted that from your memory.. :D McC was the MVP, but he should have shared it with Mike O'Connor!

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
If I remeber correctly that motorcade was courtesy of ex strengh coach and NJ state trooper Gary "whooh" Talijan. I remember being rather mad though since we left campus rather late and didnt really have a ton of time at Princeton before the game. It was a night game and close so staying at a hotel the night before was scrapped in favor of the game day bus ride, but it wasnt my favorite tactic

Ah right, that is the story... the mind is getting rusty already. I know that bussing down to Princeton the day of the game is becoming a huge issue i.e. see 2004 Hurricane Ivan. The team had to do walk throughs in the dark and did not even know if they were gonig to play.. we wanted to cancel but Princeton was adamant about playing.. so, the bus left late and had less time to prepare. Tavani was irrate and I remember at the time he said that it was the last time the team was follownig that strategy. So for 2006, it's a hotel in Princeton.

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 09:04 AM
Take 518 to the Borough of Hopewell and make a right onto Carter Road (there is a Lotus dealership on the corner). Take Carter Road to Rosedale Road (about 3 miles - starts in Lawrence Township and ends in Princeton Township) and turn left onto Rosedale. Take Rosedale Road for about 3 more miles until it intersects with Elm Road (you will bear right onto Elm Road). Take Elm Road about 1/2 mile until it intersects with Stockton Street (Route 206). Turn left and continue on Stockton/206 until you hit Nassau Street. You bypass a lot of unnecessary traffic in Hopewell and Montgomery Townships this way.

Oh, and on the subject of injuries, nothing from HS football, basketball or LAX. I did break my back five years ago in a car accident.

I saw THE CATCH by Klingerman and it is one of the most dramatic college FB moments in my near half-century of watching games.

Ah ok, I see what you are saying... I looked up on the map the route I take since couldn't remember the last leg's street names. I would take the Hopewell Tpk through Hopewell to the 'Great Road', which passes Hun or Princeton Day.. one of those.. take that straight down, which turns into Elm Rd. you mention above, which instersects with Stockton St.

I looked up your route, and essentially it composes of two sides if my route and yours form a rectangle. Seems like an interesting way to go. But I know you mentioned traffic.. and the strange thing is I've never ran into any going my previous route.. I've flown the towns and roads with literary not seeing any cars on the road.. at like, 5pm.

carney2
June 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
See my previous post. I am talking about THE CATCH. Klingerman's was acrobatic in the dark. Lafayette's receiver had the ball land in his gut. Had he dropped it, he would have dug a hole in the endzone. Had Klingerman not held on to his, it would not have been a shock.

QUESTION: What do Lehigh grads and my wife's relatives have in common?

ANSWER: No member of either group has a sense of humor.

Allow me to restate my position in a manner that even my wife's Uncle Earnest would understand:

Over on Chicken Hill, Klingerman's catch in the gloamin' will forever be number one on the highlight reel.

Move to the east just a few miles and you will find that 4th and 10 from the Lehigh 37 with 38 seconds remaining on November 19, 2005, although perhaps not mumero uno on the highlight reel, always beats that Klingerman thing all to hell and back.

Hey Pards, there's the "catch in the gloamin'," and "the drive," but we do not as yet have a suitable name for last year's heroics. Let's work on this.

Pard94
June 2nd, 2006, 10:17 AM
I think we should call it either, "The Finish" as it is the most spectacular finish in the history of the game.Or we could call it "The Steal" as we stole victory from the jaws of defeat. Or "The Bitchification of Lehigh" has a nice ring to it as it was the defining moment in turning Lehigh into Lafayette's...oh you get the picture.

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
QUESTION: What do Lehigh grads and my wife's relatives have in common?

ANSWER: No member of either group has a sense of humor.
Allow me to restate my position in a manner that even my wife's Uncle Earnest would understand:

Over on Chicken Hill, Klingerman's catch in the gloamin' will forever be number one on the highlight reel.

Move to the east just a few miles and you will find that 4th and 10 from the Lehigh 37 with 38 seconds remaining on November 19, 2005, although perhaps not mumero uno on the highlight reel, always beats that Klingerman thing all to hell and back.

Hey Pards, there's the "catch in the gloamin'," and "the drive," but we do not as yet have a suitable name for last year's heroics. Let's work on this.

xlolx xlolx I hope your wife doesn't know where to find AGS.

Some names for last year....

The Choke at Goodman

The Immaculate Reception

Davis to Hurt

The Hurtin' Grab

Limbo Lembo can't hold a lead

...perhaps a theme somethng to do with inches because that's how close Davis came to getting hit and the pass getting tipped

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
The first that came to mind to me was "The Choke". :)

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 10:46 AM
The first that came to mind to me was "The Choke". :)

Yeah but you need to have something in there that glorifies Lafayette. It's not like Lehigh fumbled or anything leading to a direct Lafayette TD... that's this year's game!

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
OK... There's "The Catch"... and "The Drive"...

How about "The Nail in the Coffin"?

(beating Lehigh, sending Lembo down to Elon, winning another title, etc?)

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
I am thinking of using this as my avatar... any suggestions?

http://www.uschamber.com/NR/rdonlyres/eug6ijnnlsldc5vx6avw6a24w4fhec3uh4gcz6zpz3zejr2234 iqyp2c5iu777hh4h5ghjfemytkczecsh63l74atdf/staff_rothkopf.jpg

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
OK... There's "The Catch"... and "The Drive"...

How about "The Nail in the Coffin"?

(beating Lehigh, sending Lembo down to Elon, winning another title, etc?)

Hmm interesting, perhaps.. Nail in the Coffin seems too long.. and sounds disjointed.. we need some flow on this one..

carney2
June 2nd, 2006, 11:10 AM

http://www.uschamber.com/NR/rdonlyres/eug6ijnnlsldc5vx6avw6a24w4fhec3uh4gcz6zpz3zejr2234 iqyp2c5iu777hh4h5ghjfemytkczecsh63l74atdf/staff_rothkopf.jpg

You use this only if you expand the angle to show me giving him the finger.

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
The Upset?

The Hail Mary?

The Grab?

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 11:48 AM

Only if you deface it properly. :twocents:

LeopardFan04
June 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
I like "Davis to Hurt"...

And Carney that will make for one scary avatar...

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
How about just "The Hurt"? Dual meanings!

LeopardFan04
June 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
I can see going with just "The Hurt"...and sorry P4L, I meant to give you credit for the Rothkopf suggestion...

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
How about just "The Hurt"? Dual meanings!

I kinda like "The Hurtin' Grab" and "Davis to Hurt".

Go...gate
June 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Right - Great Road turns into Elm Road. Whatever route you take, watch out for the deer, which are plentiful in the area.

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Right - Great Road turns into Elm Road. Whatever route you take, watch out for the deer, which are plentiful in the area.

Thanks, I believe I ran across some along that way. Heck, even up here in suburban mega-sprawl northern NJ, there are deer everywhere. There are lots around my area. Ten years ago, you would have been shocked to see one. There was even a bear lose in Newark NJ! The animals are taking back the land!

Pard94
June 2nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
I like The Hurt.

Andy
June 2nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks, I believe I ran across some along that way. Heck, even up here in suburban mega-sprawl northern NJ, there are deer everywhere. There are lots around my area. Ten years ago, you would have been shocked to see one. There was even a bear lose in Newark NJ! The animals are taking back the land!

No kidding P4L! You have to love the wild turkey come-back, too. Heck my buddy in White House Station had a deer chasing a coyote across his yard just feet away from him. Must have been protecting a fawn. Too bad they felt they had to kill those bears in north Jersey.

Anyway, check out the Lafayette roster updates...bios, some impressive weight gains, and a few position changes. Go Pards!

LBPop
June 2nd, 2006, 05:20 PM

Hey, where did you get my picture? I posed for that about 15 years ago! I don't recall signing any release! :nono: