PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to NDSU, the champions of the MVFC!

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
It may not have happened as soon as it should have, but the Bison are sole champions of the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2011!!

Congrats to the players, coaches, fans and especially financial supporters of the best program in the conference!!

No other team in the conference can rightfully claim to be champions this season. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

NDB
November 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Mpls.

We are co-champions with UNI.

Deal with it.

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Nope. You must not have heard the good news:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205324814

#3 North Dakota State Defeats #2 UNI 27-19

And it's really, really pathetic that you're stooping to this level of disrespect to the NDSU players, coaches, fans, etc. by disagreeing with me on this point - just because you don't like me. Really sick.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Nope we are co-champs.

Engineer86
November 20th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mpls.

We are co-champions with UNI.

Deal with it.

While I know this thread was created to start trouble. I never understood why head to head is not automatically recognized. I just do not see this as a "co-champion" issue. That said, this thread is a douche move.

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Nope we are co-champs.

I'm right and you are pathetic.

darell1976
November 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
NDSU was Co-Champs back in the NCC days so MplsBison you should be used to this.

MplsBison
November 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Piss on any NDSU fan who cares more about being polite than being proud of their team.

Hammersmith
November 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Co-champs.

344Johnson
November 20th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Co-Champs..

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Co-champs

Houndawg
November 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
..looks like rain...xlolx

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Very proud of the team, but we lost to YSU. Co-Champs.

344Johnson
November 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
congratulations to NDSU!

now you get to receive a visit at the Fargo Dome from none other than Lehigh in the quarterfinals

fun times ahead

I'm giving a Lehigh/NDSU matchup a 15% chance.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I'm giving a Lehigh/NDSU matchup a 15% chance.

I'm giving a 100% chance of a Bison win over Lehigh being the last time we hear from TheFan.

LakesBison
November 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM
co champs is for wussies like uni, NDSU BEAT UNI< they are the MVFC CHAMPS, PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION>

Thundar
November 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I figured something stupid would show up. xcrazyx

achrist70
November 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
In my book you guys are the Champions of the conference.

The MVFC says we can paint another year on our wall so we will however.

Grizzaholic
November 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Has co-champs been mentioned yet?

LakesBison
November 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
yea achrist, paint the numbers above that garage door you run out from.

darell1976
November 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
co champs is for wussies like uni, NDSU BEAT UNI< they are the MVFC CHAMPS, PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION>

Tell NDSU to get rid of all the Co-Champs banners in the Fargodome then especially the 1994 one when UND beat them in the regular season.

LakesBison
November 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
DARREL NO ONE CARES EXCEPT YOU... GO AWAY 1994, haha. is that when you started drinking arsenic to get this delusional. dont answer that, just go away to naiaboards.com

darell1976
November 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
DARREL NO ONE CARES EXCEPT YOU... GO AWAY 1994, haha. is that when you started drinking arsenic to get this delusional. dont answer that, just go away to naiaboards.com

No one cares more about the past than you Lakes. Who keeps bringing up what NDSU did in the PAST...DII football titles, #1 ranking in transition, 2009 March Madness apperance. You love the past and you are afraid to admit it.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM

We beat Youngstown State...your point?

You don't wanna be co-champs take care of business with a team you should beat!

frozennorth
November 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Shouldn't the op have been watching a butthockey game?

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I was gonna say "co-champs", but "douchebag" has a better ring to it. Good luck to the rest of the Bison. Met some great fans in Macomb yesterday.

DJKyR0
November 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Well, to counter this, YSU wasn't in the running for the conference championship. The two teams that were, NDSU and UNI, had a head-to-head winner: NDSU.

Still, co-champs.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 12:48 AM
congratulations to NDSU!

now you get to receive a visit at the Fargo Dome from none other than Lehigh in the quarterfinals

fun times ahead

Thanks! Besides the threat of Appy or GSU, the road to Frisco does look fairly straightforward and easy!

Also, co-champs...

344Johnson
November 21st, 2011, 02:04 AM
Tell NDSU to get rid of all the Co-Champs banners in the Fargodome then especially the 1994 one when UND beat them in the regular season.

Does anyone even know if we have conference championship banners anywhere in the dome?

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Does anyone even know if we have conference championship banners anywhere in the dome?

I have no idea. I have never seen it.

I have seen the national championship banners that hang above the field, maybe thats what darell is talking about?

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 04:06 AM
I have no idea. I have never seen it.

I have seen the national championship banners that hang above the field, maybe thats what darell is talking about?

You can't talk about those banners because according to Lakes no one cares about the past.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2011, 04:53 AM
You can't talk about those banners because according to Lakes no one cares about the past.

How does that make any sense? My guess is those were the banners you were talking about judging by your response.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2011, 05:36 AM
Piss on any NDSU fan who cares more about being polite than being proud of their team.

The Sioux are also Co-Champs

Anyone that talks about Bison fans like this is a Sioux fan posing as a Bison fan.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2011, 06:16 AM
Co Champs. Congratulations to all the teams that made the playoffs and all the rest who didn't on another year of FCS football.

Lakes Bison
November 21st, 2011, 07:41 AM
Co Champions

semobison
November 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM

There is a big difference from having pride in your team and being ignorant! Have you been following football very long? When 2 teams tie for first with the same record they are considered co-champs! It has been this way for many years! Also...to all Bison Fans...Be humble.. stay classy...!

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Co-champions is the appropriate term. Some of the BCS conferences award the conference championship to the team with the highest BCS rating, and I doubt there is anything like that in the MVFC that grants the championship to the team with the highest seed, poll number, or computer ranking.

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
How does that make any sense? My guess is those were the banners you were talking about judging by your response.

I forgot to bold the National Championship banner part of your post. Lakes doesn't like it when people talk about any schools past so keep this hush hush. I thought NDSU hung championship banners from the dome, maybe not oh well you get my point. NDSU has been co-champs in the past like any other school and if you claim this title as your own because you won the head to head, then you should not be called champions in the past where NDSU did NOT win head to head.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football

Conference championships
North Central Conference (23): 1965, 1966 (co-champion), 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 (three-way), 1973 (co-champion), 1974 (three-way), 1976, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1983 (co-champion), 1984 (co-champion), 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994 (co-champion)

Great West Football Conference (1): 2006

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Whatever makes you feel better for being a Sioux fan *roll eyes here*. There's not really much to look forward to up at NDSU Jr. this year for butthockey, is there? Last I checked, they weren't up to par.

Whatever you say....just try not to CHOKE in the playoffs, or some posters may not let you forget it.xlolx

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Just like buttfootball is the only thing you have to look forward to at UND South.

Well, it just so turns out that football at NDSU is doing much better than mens hockey at NDSU Jr. What is their record again? Something like 5-7-1?

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Well, it just so turns out that football at NDSU is doing much better than mens hockey at NDSU Jr. What is their record again? Something like 5-7-1?

I am not going to turn this into a Sioux vs Bison what sport is better thread.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
I am not going to turn this into a Sioux vs Bison what sport is better thread.

You've already made a good effort.

darell1976
November 21st, 2011, 10:49 AM
You've already made a good effort.

No I didn't. I simply gave an example of NDSU being co-champs while UND won the regular season game and also named co-champs. But I guess that went over your head.

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM

We did, 27-19. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205324814

Sole champs.

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
There is a big difference from having pride in your team and being ignorant! Have you been following football very long? When 2 teams tie for first with the same record they are considered co-champs! It has been this way for many years! Also...to all Bison Fans...Be humble.. stay classy...!

Not when there is a head-to-head winner!!

Friggin A, why are you guys acting like a bunch of small town, dumb hicks????

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Co-champions is the appropriate term. Some of the BCS conferences award the conference championship to the team with the highest BCS rating, and I doubt there is anything like that in the MVFC that grants the championship to the team with the highest seed, poll number, or computer ranking.

There's no need for that. Both teams finished with 1 loss and NDSU beat UNI in the head-to-head matchup = NDSU is the sole champion.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
While I know that we beat them head to head if the conference see's fit to do it this way and name Co-Champions than thats the way it is. Good Lord we have some real rube NDSU posters xthumbsdownx

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
While I know that we beat them head to head if the conference see's fit to do it this way and name Co-Champions than thats the way it is. Good Lord we have some real rube NDSU posters xthumbsdownx

I am proud of our sole champion team and the work they put in to earn this.

You are not.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
There's no need for that. Both teams finished with 1 loss and NDSU beat UNI in the head-to-head matchup = NDSU is the sole champion.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

^Apparently this guy missed the memo from the Valley that NDSU and UNI are CO-CHAMPS of the Valley. Both had the same record in league play. This is all that matters. There is no head-to-head justification. It is what it is. Trolls will be trolls.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
We did, 27-19. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205324814

Sole champs.
Bison Clinch Shareof Missouri Valley Football Crown With 37-21 Win at Western Illinois

http://www.gobison.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205336199

344Johnson
November 21st, 2011, 02:02 PM
From this thread...I have deducted that we got a couple of NDSU fans who are being real knuckleheads. NDSU beat UNI. Great! That doesn't mean that they don't get a conference co-championship as well. A UNI fan can say that at least they lost to a playoff team. NDSU lost to YSU...shamwow :(

Anyways, best of luck to UNI as well as NDSU. Hopefully both teams represent the Valley well in the post-season.

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Would be great to see an all MVFC championship.

Although I am sure there would be a couple Bison fans who would call themselves co-National Champions if we beat them in Frisco due to a split in the season series.

There is a lot of football to be played before that could even happen. We have a tough second round game against a great Wofford squad. While EKU or JMU would not be an easy out for NDSU. We can just hope the cards can fall right, and we can back up our claim about how great our conference was this year! xpeacex

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
From this thread...I have deducted that we got a couple of NDSU fans who are being real knuckleheads. NDSU beat UNI. Great! That doesn't mean that they don't get a conference co-championship as well. A UNI fan can say that at least they lost to a playoff team. NDSU lost to YSU...shamwow :(

Anyways, best of luck to UNI as well as NDSU. Hopefully both teams represent the Valley well in the post-season.

Politeness rules the day on internet message boards.

You're not a proud fan, so I hope you can't get tickets to any of the playoff games this season.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
Politeness rules the day on internet message boards.

You're not a proud fan, so I hope you can't get tickets to any of the playoff games this season.

xboringx

LakesBison
November 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
yea. ok hows your fball coach, you fire that guy yet?

DJKyR0
November 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
This is the part where the thread gets interesting.

xpopcornx

MplsBison
November 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
There used to be a post where NoDak said he wasn't familiar with lakes' body of work - I see that got deleted now. Probably for the better - no need to have any of lakes' capitalized profanities/homophobic insults in the otherwise legitimate thread.

Anyway, NoDak here is the background: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/rep-al-carlson-was-threatened-by-self-described-bison-fan-over-fighting-sioux-bill/

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
There used to be a post where NoDak said he wasn't familiar with lakes' body of work - I see that got deleted now. Probably for the better - no need to have any of lakes' capitalized profanities/homophobic insults in the otherwise legitimate thread.

Anyway, NoDak here is the background: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/rep-al-carlson-was-threatened-by-self-described-bison-fan-over-fighting-sioux-bill/

I'm familiar enough, I just never knew if he had previously used such an ugly word in a post. I imagine I got deleted because I replied with his quote (although edited).

Even more funny, I think it would be a close race for biggest a-hole with Rob Port, Al Carlson, and Mr lakes

Ginsbach
November 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
I'm familiar enough, I just never knew if he had previously used such an ugly word in a post. I imagine I got deleted because I replied with his quote (although edited).

Even more funny, I think it would be a close race for biggest a-hole with Rob Port, Al Carlson, and Mr lakes

You forgot Rick Berg.