PDA

View Full Version : CSJ: Chuck's Final Playoff Projections

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2011, 12:14 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/103-chucks-final-playoff-predictions

Have at them. Good luck to everyone!

bisonnation
November 20th, 2011, 12:40 AM
I hope they are correct I like what I see

PurplePete
November 20th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I disagree with Montana at #3. Their FBS loss came to a 4-6 team and the FCS loss cam to a 4-7 team. Look at Nortern Iowa with a loss to a 6-4 FCS team (who beat the #2 team in the country), and a 10-1, possible FCS # 1 seed. And Georgia Southern lost to the #3 FBS team and a 8-3 FCS team. Both teams probably should be seeded over Montana.

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I believe Geo So. & NDSU will be ranked above Montana. Nor would I deny No. Iowa has a good team, but "what have you done for me lately?"

The Panthers lost a close one to Iowa St, but lately they went to the #2 team and lost. Came home and nearly lost, then needed OT to win their final one.

Montana lost the opener to Tennessee in Knoxville, then played ugly and lost at Sacramento St (who'd beaten Oregon St). Since then the Grizzlies have rattled off seven straight wins. Went on the road and beat the #1 team, not in a close one but by 26 points. They won their conference and are playing well late in the season. That is a factor. As a result I think we'll see Montana seeded ahead of No. Iowa tomorrow.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
As you probably guessed, I rated current performance more than early performance. Though every team up there, save Sam Houston, has a blotch on their record somewhere. It may be that Sam Houston is the No. 1 seed, something I'm have a hard time accepting (but many, justifiably, are putting them No. 1).

Cincy App
November 20th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Both CSJ bracket projections (Burton and Coulson) look good. My bracket projection is in the "Brackets?" thread and is closer to Burton's. Looking forward to the official release soon.