PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy or is the field set?

TypicalTribe
November 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
MSu
Montana
GSU
ASU
Wofford
Towson
UNH
Maine
ODU
JMU
SHSU
C. Arkansas
NDSU
UNI
ISU
Lehigh
OVC
Albany
Big South
Norfolk St.

Is there another option?

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Not unless the committee takes a 6 DI win school ... that's it right there.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 04:36 PM
That's the field, there isn't anything better

bjtheflamesfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
with both the ISUs losing today I do not think they are locks by any stretch. That is something the committee is going to no doubt look at as they weigh things overnight

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
They would have to take a 6 win school, EKU, Duquense, Georgetown or a 7 win, 2nd place MEAC team. Extremely doubtful.

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:42 PM
with both the ISUs losing today I do not think they are locks by any stretch. That is something the committee is going to no doubt look at as they weigh things overnight

Well, if Youngstown State and Indiana State had won today, I would be inclined to agree that Illinois State had to beat UNI today to punch their ticket. BUT, Indiana State and Youngstown losing makes them inelligible ... and I would have to think that the committee would take a 7-4 third place MVFC regardless. Even though Illinois State has a questionable resume compared to other bubble teams ... enough teams lost today to make it not matter.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Yes, this is the field, IMO.

Illinois State, UCA, Norfolk State, JMU, Stony Brook/Liberty, Tennessee Tech and Albany, IMO, are 7 of the 8 play-in round games. If Appalachian State loses to Elon, I think they're the 8th team in the first round. If not, unfortunately, I think it's either Maine (by virtue of losing to UNH) or ODU (lack of quality wins) in the final first round spot.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Illinois State, UCA, Norfolk State, JMU, Stony Brook/Liberty, Tennessee Tech and Albany, IMO, are 7 of the 8 play-in round games. If Appalachian State loses to Elon, I think they're the 8th team in the first round. If not, unfortunately, I think it's either Maine (by virtue of losing to UNH) or ODU (lack of quality wins) in the final first round spot.

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Looks like App State will pull it out over Elon. I'm going to assume Liberty beats Stony Brook, but the game is tied as of now.

Albany @ JMU - winner at #3 SHSU
Norfolk State @ ODU - winner @ #1 Georgia Southern
Tennessee Tech @ Liberty -winner @ #2 NDSU
Illinois State @ UCA winner @ #4 Towson

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
That looks about right but Tenn Tech and UCA are only 400 miles apart. I could see those two being matched up with Liberty @ JMU and Albany @ Illinois State. I could also see ODU getting a bye and Maine playing instead. If that was the case:

UCA/Tenn Tech
NSU/Liberty @ JMU
Albany @ Maine
Illinois State/Liberty or NSU @ Illinois State

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
That looks about right but Tenn Tech and UCA are only 400 miles apart. I could see those two being matched up with Liberty @ JMU and Albany @ Illinois State. I could also see ODU getting a bye and Maine playing instead. If that was the case:

UCA/Tenn Tech
NSU/Liberty @ JMU
Albany @ Maine
Illinois State/Liberty or NSU @ Illinois State

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Tenn Tech to UCA: 400 miles
Tenn Tech to Liberty: 414 miles
Norfolk State to Liberty: 193 miles
JMU to Liberty: 100 miles

Gonna be interesting to match these teams up. Things could really change up if Liberty loses.

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I think a second MEAC Team will get in...

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Not a chance!

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
That's pretty much it. UCA, JMU, and Illinois St are the only 3 who may have to sweat a little bit but there's really a dearth of contenders after that with the choke-jobs in the MVFC today.

Longhorn
November 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM
That's pretty much it. UCA, JMU, and Illinois St are the only 3 who may have to sweat a little bit but there's really a dearth of contenders after that with the choke-jobs in the MVFC today.

There's no sweating with those 3 schools...especially JMU after today's results.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM

Completely undeserved, of course, but I guess it's not impossible. I just don't see anything about either of these resumes that look interesting, but Indiana State not making the playoffs makes Illinois State's resume look pretty unremarkable. I'd say there's a 5-10% chance that the Eastern Illinois loss could keep them out for a MEAC/PL team, but gosh it seems unlikely.

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I think a second MEAC team will slide in.

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Not a chance!
Anything is possible. Tell me why its not possible

WileECoyote06
November 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
7-4 Coastal Carolina? 7 - 4 Hampton? 8 - 3 Bethune-Cookman?

What a crazy exciting weekend! xbowx xsmileyclapx

ASU_Fanatic
November 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Can't wait for pairings tomorrow.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Here's my prediction:

Winner of Albany @ Stony Brook
at
(1) North Dakota St

New Hampshire
at
Appalachian St

Winner of Tennessee Tech @ James Madison
at
(4) Montana

Wofford
at
(5) Towson

Winner of Central Arkansas @ Illinois St
at
(2) Georgia Southern

Lehigh
at
Northern Iowa

Winner of Norfolk St @ Old Dominion
at
(3) Sam Houston St

Maine
at
Montana St

andy7171
November 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
8-3 Georgetown?

I would love to see Georgetown rewarded for their year. Very deserving, but highly doubtful. Unfortunately.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Anything is possible. Tell me why its not possible

i just do not see the resume over 9-2 Dusquene or 8-3 Georgetown, especailly the weak historical performance, but I have beerong before. Good Luck!

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Here's my prediction:

Winner of Albany @ Stony Brook
at
(1) North Dakota St

New Hampshire
at
Appalachian St

Winner of Tennessee Tech @ James Madison
at
(4) Montana

Wofford
at
(5) Towson

Winner of Central Arkansas @ Illinois St
at
(2) Georgia Southern

Lehigh
at
Northern Iowa

Winner of Norfolk St @ Old Dominion
at
(3) Sam Houston St

Maine
at
Montana St

UNI, Allentown airport is easy to get into an out of. Lehigh will be out bidding you!

achrist70
November 19th, 2011, 06:36 PM
UNI, Allentown airport is easy to get into an out of. Lehigh will be out bidding you!

I highly doubt that but, good for you.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM
It didn't happen that way last year. Not sure what would make it different this year.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Find out tomorrow

clawman
November 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
If the committee is considering teams with 6 D1 wins why wouldn't the Eastern Washington Eagles be considered?

Engineer86
November 19th, 2011, 07:55 PM
If the committee is considering teams with 6 D1 wins why wouldn't the Eastern Washington Eagles be considered?

If the committee is, they should be but there are many on that list

whitey
November 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM

They, of course, will consider 6 win teams. But it will likely be a brief discussion. Last year both Montana and JMU were actually discussed but in the end they did not give a playoff birth to a 6 D1 win team. If they didn't do it last year taking into account JMU beat Virginia Tech there is basically less than a 1% chance they do it this year especially with plenty of 7-4 teams from power conferences to choose from.

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Is it 9 AM yet? This is like Christmas!
I wonder where I am going next Saturday????

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Is it 9 AM yet? This is like Christmas!
I wonder where I am going next Saturday????
Nice sig. Congrats! xthumbsupx

hidalgo
November 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
9-2 Duquesne?????

hidalgo
November 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
9-2 Duquesne????

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Nice sig. Congrats! xthumbsupx

THANK you!
Congratulations to your team as well!

appfan2008
November 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing who we are playing after a hopeful bye!

TTUEagles
November 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
And, I'm hoping we don't go to Appy St. !

Humble Steward
November 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Not a chance!

There is a chance. Don't be surprised. 8-3 Wildcats finished the season with 6 straight wins. There were alot of teams that lost today. Let' Go Wildcats. Time for the committee to make their selection.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
There is a chance. Don't be surprised.

There is a decent chance yes. Looking at the computer ratings they slightly consider as part of their selection process, just below JMU in order is: Eastern Kentucky, Georgetown, Murray State/Bethune Cookman (those two rated about the same) Jacksonville State, and then Duquesne. They don't base too much off that, but this is the only consideration that I actually know of. The main one, that being the committee members' minds, I don't know how to research that.