PDA

View Full Version : BRACKET PREDICTIONS!

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Here are mine, feel free to pick apart

@GSU #1
Norfolk State vs JMU winner

Maine
@App State

@ #5 SHSU
Lehigh

@ #4 Towson
Tennessee Tech vs Liberty winner

@NDSU #2
Old Dominion vs Albany winner

Wofford
@UNI

@Montana
New Hampshire

@ #3 Montana State
Central Arkansas vs 3rd MVFC winner

edit: I swapped Lehigh with Old Dominion as I believe it is warranted for Lehigh to get a bye, and ODU having a less than impressive schedule for the most (not a knock on ODU, I just figured this swap wouldn't ruin my bracket too much with shuffling). I'd say the "weakest links" of the second round teams are Wofford, ODU, Lehigh and maybe UNH, as they could be swapped

Couple precedents I used to determine the above

1) I know that App State, Montana, Montana State, NDSU, UNI, and GSU will probably get a home game, seeded or not.

2) I think it's more likely that a MVFC team, Southland team or a New England team would be sent out west as the southern teams have more proximity to each other than the mentioned teams have to the south

3) Maine, Wofford, and New Hampshire will probably not play more than one home game

4) teams that are the sole representative of their conference get less love

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Here are mine, feel free to pick apart

@GSU #1
Tennessee Tech vs Liberty winner

Maine
@App State

@ #5 SHSU
Old Dominion

@ #4 Towson

@NDSU #2
Lehigh vs Albany winner

Wofford
@UNI

@Montana
New Hampshire

@ #3 Montana State
Central Arkansas vs 3rd MVFC winner

Not bad, but if you must have UNH beating Maine and Lehigh losing tomorrow. I don't see the committee having a 10-1 Lehigh playing first round and a 7-4 or even 8-3 UNH getting a bye. I know you are not a fan of Lehigh, but you have to acknowledge that they have a track record in the playoffs worthy of consideration. I think they look at the entire season.

If a 10-1 Buthane Cookman gets a bye last year. I think the 10-1 does mean something even if many on this board like to take shots at Lehigh due to some posts.

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I like to take shots at Lehigh and the whole PL, is there a waiting list?

I hope ASU takes care of business tomorrow and gets a bye (or actually gets in). We need home playoff games desperately if we want to win I believe.

kevin1633
November 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
@ #4 Towson

dont think they would allow conference opponents to play in the 2nd round even though they did not play during the regular season

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Not bad, but if you must have UNH beating Maine and Lehigh losing tomorrow. I don't see the committee having a 10-1 Lehigh playing first round and a 7-4 or even 8-3 UNH getting a bye. I know you are not a fan of Lehigh, but you have to acknowledge that they have a track record in the playoffs worthy of consideration. I think they look at the entire season.

If a 10-1 Buthane Cookman gets a bye last year. I think the 10-1 does mean something even if many on this board like to take shots at Lehigh due to some posts.

good point, I'll take it into consideration, I'm basically going on certain precedents such as "1 team conference autobids play in the first round," there's not many quality wins by Lehigh, and you can blame the schedule for that. Quite frankly I don't want to shuffle by bracket either at this point

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I like to take shots at Lehigh and the whole PL, is there a waiting list?

I hope ASU takes care of business tomorrow and gets a bye (or actually gets in). We need home playoff games desperately if we want to win I believe.

Well have you heard that Lehigh beat an MVFC team in the playoffs last year? I think I saw that somewhere. xsmiley_wix

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
@ #4 Towson

dont think they would allow conference opponents to play in the 2nd round even though they did not play during the regular season

d'oh! see I switched GSU's opponent and Towson's at the last second

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
good point, I'll take it into consideration, I'm basically going on certain precedents such as "1 team conference autobids play in the first round," there's not many quality wins by Lehigh, and you can blame the schedule for that. Quite frankly I don't want to shuffle by bracket either at this point

Like I said it is a fair opinion. Also, JMU could play Towson in the second round if they win a play in. They just won't schedule it as a certainty.

van
November 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM
You are wrong there, go look at last years bracket! Conference opponents do not play only when it is the first game for each.

Catbooster
November 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
@ #4 Towson

I believe they can, as long as it's not the first playoff game for both of them. In this case, since one of the teams will have played in the first round, they can be matched. I would rather not see those matchups that early, but it's not against the rules.

Reign of Terrier
Like I said it is a fair opinion. Also, JMU could play Towson in the second round if they win a play in. They just won't schedule it as a certainty.

actually, I think they won't and I messed up there

van

YT is just trolling for the FAN or is is really dumber than we all think.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM
You are wrong there, go look at last years bracket! Conference opponents do not play only when it is the first game for each.

He has it as a second round game, JMU would have to win the first round to play Towson

StorminASU
November 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Well have you heard that Lehigh beat an MVFC team in the playoffs last year? I think I saw that somewhere. xsmiley_wix

You then got pounded by the CAA, but congratulations anyways.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
He has it as a second round game, JMU would have to win the first round to play Towson

I changed it, but I think the rules are more along the lines of "two conference teams can't play each other in their first game of the playoffs" or something of the like.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM
You then got pounded by the CAA, but congratulations anyways.

Hey, thanks :D

kevin1633
November 18th, 2011, 03:54 PM
i thought i saw somewhere on here, someone posted the NCAA manual and it said no conference opponent or rematch will be made in the first two rounds of the FCS playoffs.

i thought i read this somewhere.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
i thought i saw somewhere on here, someone posted the NCAA manual and it said no conference opponent or rematch will be made in the first two rounds of the FCS playoffs.

and my bracket qualifies now

Catbooster
November 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM

If it is the first game for both teams.

Engineer86
November 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM

If it is the first game for both teams, ie. the 5 thru 12 teams, not true for a play-in winner.

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2011, 08:48 PM
NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS!

OUCH!

You are correct sir/ma'am. Montana did not make the playoffs last season. For the first time since H. W. Bush was president, Montana was not in there.

However, never in my life will I brag for winning only a play-in game in the FCS playoffs. Making it to the championship is pretty good. Winning it is bliss. Everything else sucks.

semobison
November 18th, 2011, 09:15 PM
you see and that is what makes a low life Montana fan with that kind of attitude that looks down on the teams that are happy with winning the first round of the playoffs...

say, tell us again how MONTANA FAILED TO MAKE THE 2010 PLAYOFFS?

OUCH!

Last year I found myself pulling for Lehigh in the Delaware game! I found myself pulling for the underdog from a weaker conference! TheFan has now made me a Lehigh hater! Your continued posting the same thing over and over is really annoying! Give it a rest!

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM

They will do rematches as they usually fit into regionalization. A few years back Montana played Cal Poly in the first round and they had played during the regular season. In conference play can come as early as the second round.