PDA

View Full Version : Columnist Defines Div I For Readers

TexasTerror
May 14th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Did we, the fans of I-AA and Any Given Saturday send this guy hate e-mail after slipping recently? Seems Michael A. Lough is bringing up the point that many of us have brought home when folks have slipped in the past as it relates to the nomenclature...

It's at the bottom of a column that mainly talks about UGA football...
------------
Speaking of which, it's time for a reminder that Division I is Division I, and it's I-A and I-AA for football. Both are Division I. Division I, be it I-A or I-AA, is very different than Division II.

Division I-AAA is still Division I, but it consists of non-football programs. So yes, Georgia and Georgia Southern are both Division I. And yes, GSU can live a long and prosperous life in I-AA, but that's a discussion for another day. ...

Michael A. Lough is a columnist for The Telegraph. Reach him at 744-4626 or by e-mail [email protected]

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/14575102.htm

Tribe4SF
May 14th, 2006, 06:58 AM
This guy is obviously living in fear of the "rath of Ralph"!:D :hurray:

Nice to see.

May 14th, 2006, 09:12 AM
"Wrath of Ralph" :lmao:

Baldy
May 14th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Macon follows and covers GSU closely and does a great job. There hasn't been any need to send them hate mail....they get it.

DUPFLFan
May 14th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Too bad some of our posters don't get it...

blackfordpu
May 14th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Good article. I wonder how many people will actually read it. It is great publicity for I-AA.

May 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Good article. I wonder how many people will actually read it. It is great publicity for I-AA.I don't know about great (8% about I-AA) but the writer took the time to remind folks so he needs to be commended. Obviously he reads AGS. :)

Michael A. Lough is a columnist for The Telegraph. Reach him at 744-4626 or by e-mail [email protected] ! :hurray:

Michael,
Thanks for the I-AA reminder in your recent "QB dilemma" article. Though the mention was small, the greatest team in I-AA history (Georgia Southern Eagles hold the most NCAA D-I football titles of any team) deserve to have other fans in the area reminded that they count BIGTIME.

blackfordpu
May 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I don't know about great (8% about I-AA) but the writer took the time to remind folks so he needs to be commended. Obviously he reads AGS. :)

Michael A. Lough is a columnist for The Telegraph. Reach him at 744-4626 or by e-mail [email protected] ! :hurray:

picky picky!:nono: :)

May 14th, 2006, 07:06 PM
picky picky!:nono: :)Me picky??? (79 words of 958, 432 characters of 5,720) :rotateh:

blackfordpu
May 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Me picky??? (79 words of 958, 432 characters of 5,720) :rotateh:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :bow: :bow: :bow:

blukeys
May 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the link. We are ready to go off on the bad guys. I felt it was only fair that we commend those reporters who get it right. My email:

Thanks for recognizing that I-AA is Division 1. I am a Delaware fan and alum and of course am aware that we and GSU can take the field against I-A teams and compete. Sadly, it appears you are in the minority in the sports reporter community. For this I am that much more appreciative of your comments.

TexasTerror
May 14th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Glad to see everyone giving props via e-mail and other methods to writers who let it be known what I-AA is. This will definitely help us gain the respect of writers who'll be less likely to slip...