PDA

View Full Version : With a loss Appy will not be a lock

drpnut
November 14th, 2011, 12:34 PM
People seem to be giving Appy a playoff birth. They close the season at Elon. And Elon very well could upset them. If Appy loses, they may still make it in, but they will be playing a first round game. If the committee had any balls they would make them travel, but it is hard to turn that money. lol

appfan2008
November 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM
no lock... but they will be in either way...

asumike83
November 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM
People seem to be giving Appy a playoff birth. They close the season at Elon. And Elon very well could upset them. If Appy loses, they may still make it in, but they will be playing a first round game. If the committee had any balls they would make them travel, but it is hard to turn that money. lol

Has nothing to do with balls, home field between unseeded teams always has and always will go to the highest bid. Not like they're making some exception for ASU.

The only way App falls off the bubble is if we not only lose to Elon but get blown out. A 7-4 SoCon team with a win over a top 4 team will not get left out unless we really give the committee something to think about.

jmufan999
November 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
They're in, it's a lock.

Whether or not they play in the first round, I don't know. But there is a 0% chance they travel in the first round, if they have to play that week.

eagle07
November 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM
xdeadhorsex even if they lose, they get in and host first round game

Go Apps
November 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM

If they did lose - hey it is not up to the committee each school will post a blind bid - and once the games are determined then they would open up to see - no way we do not have a 1st or 2nd round game at home - and yes they are in even if they lose unlike Wofford

WrenFGun
November 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have a really hard time seeing a major conference team out with 7 DI wins.

The exception may be in the CAA with JMU or the MVFC with ISUb/r or Youngstown, only if there are enough eligible candidates. I think the SoCon gets three as the best conference if three are eligible.

Saint3333
November 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
This is simple:

ASU wins - play-in round bye, minimum one home playoff game and they continue to play at home until matched up against a seeded opponent.

ASU loses - home game for the play-in round and home games until they meet a seeded team.

If you think ASU doesn't belong in the playoffs with a loss to Elon and 4 losses overall (which I agree with) then you better be dead set against the expansion of the playoffs to 20 teams. The field is week and expansion has caused this situation, period.

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM
This is simple:

ASU wins - play-in round bye, minimum one home playoff game and they continue to play at home until matched up against a seeded opponent.

ASU loses - home game for the play-in round and home games until they meet a seeded team.

If you think ASU doesn't belong in the playoffs with a loss to Elon and 4 losses overall (which I agree with) then you better be dead set against the expansion of the playoffs to 20 teams. The field is week and expansion has caused this situation, period.

You make the right point here - expansion makes ASU a lock...if we are at 16 teams, then Elon can knock ASU out, but even at 7-4 with their resume (yes the GSU win is enough), you have to remember who we are debating as the last 4 in right now. The 2 ISU, JMU, UCA, YSU. Stop it if you think Appy still wouldn't warrant a playoff spot. Hell after the GSU win, some people thought this was a top 3-4 team in the country!

asumike83
November 14th, 2011, 02:31 PM
This is simple:

Right on. 16-team field, we are on the bubble or sliding off with a loss to EC. In the new 20-team format, we are in even with an L.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM
App State is in, they beat GSU and bring a big gate for the NCAA.

WH49er
November 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
It's crazy to think App isn't one of the best 20 teams especially after beating GSU.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
It's crazy to think App isn't one of the best 20 teams especially after beating GSU.

I think they're a real good team and playoff worthy at 7-4 in a 20 team field, but don't read too much into their victory over GSU. The home team has only lost 6 times in 21 games of the modern series with each winning three.

The horrible weather and stench of the Mole Hill probably makes it difficult to breathe with less than 24 hours to adjust.

asumike83
November 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
The horrible weather and stench of the Mole Hill probably makes it difficult to breathe with less than 24 hours to adjust.

When all your nose hairs have been singed off by that nasty, gnat infested turd creek in Statesboro, it probably does take some time to adjust to the clean mountain air.

I can see how breathing would be affected. :D

theasushow
November 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
LOL wow so if ASU and Wofford both lose then GSU could be the only SOCON team in the playoffs....unlikely.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
When all your nose hairs have been singed off by that nasty, gnat infested turd creek in Statesboro, it probably does take some time to adjust to the clean mountain air.

The reason the Mole Hillers have such a hard time in the 'Boro is the distraction of seeing good looking women everywhere. After seeing the Bow Wow's in Boone, I don't blame the Hillbillies too much for turning to the sheep.xlolx

Apphole
November 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
The reason the Mole Hillers have such a hard time in the 'Boro is the distraction of seeing good looking women everywhere. After seeing the Bow Wow's in Boone, I don't blame the Hillbillies too much for turning to the sheep.xlolx

It doesn't matter how attractive the girls are in Stinkboro when they only have sex with their siblings. Thousands of people every year travel to Boone to see the beautiful Mountains and breath the clean mountain air. Your sweaty, butt-crack town in BFE doesn't compare. GaSo is the ECU of Georgia.

ASU_Fanatic
November 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
It doesn't matter how attractive the girls are in Stinkboro when they only have sex with their siblings. Thousands of people every year travel to Boone to see the beautiful Mountains and breath the clean mountain air. Your sweaty, butt-crack town in BFE doesn't compare. GaSo is the ECU of Georgia.
They're not on that level, ECU is fricking awesome

asumike83
November 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
The reason the Mole Hillers have such a hard time in the 'Boro is the distraction of seeing good looking women everywhere.

I would not doubt that the ASU players are a little distracted on game day after a night out with the GSU co-eds. I mean, give the guys a break, a loss is the last thing they're worried about bringing back to Boone with them.

Apphole
November 14th, 2011, 07:22 PM
They're not on that level, ECU is fricking awesome

I was talking more about classiness of a town and admission standards

SoCon48
November 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I think they're a real good team and playoff worthy at 7-4 in a 20 team field, but don't read too much into their victory over GSU. The home team has only lost 6 times in 21 games of the modern series with each winning three.

Stench in Boone? The only time there is a stench is when the Apps leave dead Eagle carcuses strewn across the KBS field.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2011, 08:42 PM

:)

The Eagle's Cliff
November 15th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I would not doubt that the ASU players are a little distracted on game day after a night out with the GSU co-eds. I mean, give the guys a break, a loss is the last thing they're worried about bringing back to Boone with them.

Statesboro is a "quaint" Southern Town of Evergreen Pines and Majestic Oaks. Because we are an actual "College Town", there's not much to see other than 10,000 Hotties. Colonial Savannah and the beaches from Hilton Head to Jekyll Island are easy driving distance without needing to worry about twisting narrow roads and falling rocks. Boone is so nice, Daniel left it the first chance he got for Tennessee!

SideLine Shooter
November 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Statesboro is a "quaint" Southern Town of Evergreen Pines and Majestic Oaks. Because we are an actual "College Town", there's not much to see other than 10,000 Hotties. Colonial Savannah and the beaches from Hilton Head to Jekyll Island are easy driving distance without needing to worry about twisting narrow roads and falling rocks. Boone is so nice, Daniel left it the first chance he got for Tennessee!

One question, How the hell can anyone live in that gnat infested, stinking, humid, excuse for a college town?

You need some serious help also in your choice of women or your definition of Hotties. Short fat tenage girls carrying around their 3 to 5 little children that don't even know who their fathers are.

But hey, what would you expect for the "Original Penal Colony" in America?

ASUMountaineer
November 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM

What is "Appy?"

phoenix3
November 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
The original penil colony in America?

ASU_Fanatic
November 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I was talking more about classiness of a town and admission standards
Oh okay, I loved my one trip to Greenville, I didn't hear any real rough stuff, the worst I got from a Pirate was a few lawnmower jokes about Armanti. They really have a program over there, girls, loud stadium....you could argue they are the best football program in NC. A few weeks ago my dad told me he was talking to a guy who now officiates ACC games, but used to officiate games of smaller schools and he said the two best atmospheres in North Carolina are ECU then App St. Maybe I'm a bit biased towards them though, my Mom went there and they're up there on my list of schools so idk. I obviously root for ASU over them....we play them again in 2012, right?

ASU_Fanatic
November 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
The original penil colony in America?Elon has the nicest Socon campus from what I've seen.

Eaglesrus
November 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
What is "Appy?"

You don't even know your own school's nickname? What kind of fan are you?

SoCon48
November 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM

penil? That Elon education is showing through.

SideLine Shooter
November 16th, 2011, 07:18 AM
penil? That Elon education is showing through.

absolutely!!!

ASUMountaineer
November 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM
You don't even know your own school's nickname? What kind of fan are you?

xlolx

I enjoy the trash talk, but Appy is weak. I mean, if you're going to copy Marshall fans, you probably should just give up. :D

ASUMountaineer
November 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Perhaps you should consult with the law students at EU and make sure that "penil" is what you meant to use there. xlolx