Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU [win plus Albany L = NEC title]
Monmouth vs. Wagner

Bye Week
SFPA

danefan
November 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

401ks
November 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart - Too much fire power and too much at stake for the Danes to lose at home. However... you'll all understand if I say: GO PIONEERS! xthumbsupx
Bryant vs. CCSU - The Bulldogs rub salt into the wounds of the Blue Devils' disappointing season.
Duquesne vs. RMU - You never can tell what's going to happen in a rivalry game, but Duquesne should handle Bobbie Mo with ease.
Monmouth vs. Wagner - The Hawks beat the home-field jinx and put the Seahawks out of their season misery.

andy7171
November 14th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

hidalgo
November 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Sacred Heart (with my Heart not my head.
Bryant
Duquesne in a romp
monmouth

Seahawks Fan
November 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

WWII
November 16th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

Dane96
November 16th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

M Ruler
November 16th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

danefan
November 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
Bryant vs. CCSU
Duquesne vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner

I need to do 2 games better than D96 to win the regular season title!

So I'm picking to win it.

Albany vs. Sacred Heart - too much on the line for Albany...nothing on the line for a very young SHU. Albany will pound the ground and attack from the air. Di Lella is a lock for first team QB now, but another 300 yard game would be the icing on the cake for a great comeback story.

Bryant vs. CCSU - What in the world happened to CCSU. Lets hope they can right the ship in the offseason and get themselves a fresh QB.

Duquesne vs. RMU - Rivalry game so everything is out the window. Dukes have a ton on the line here, but I needed to pick two different games than Dane96, so this is one of them.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - Wagner has played well in some games......err.....I guess.....Monmouth was deflated in the second half last week so I'm picking the Seahawks. I really just needed to pick a different win than Dane96 so Wagner wins by default.

danefan
November 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Apparently there is a way for Duquesne to lose and still clinch the title if Albany loses and a whole host of other things happen.

http://necsports.posterous.com/nec-news-of-the-day-will-ualbany-or-duquesne

Duquesne needs to win its Week 12 matchup against Robert Morris and have UAlbany lose to Sacred Heart in order to claim the coveted postseason berth. As always, however, there is one exception.

Should Duquesne lose to Robert Morris, there is still one way the Dukes can wind up representing the NEC in the 20-team playoff field. Duquesne can clinch the bid if ALL of the following occur… UAlbany loses to Sacred Heart, Wagner defeats Monmouth, AND, Bryant beats Central Connecticut.

I can't figure out why, but I'll take their word for it.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2011, 05:08 PM

I think I know why: it's some wackiness involving Bryant, who is eligible for the NEC championship but not the autobid.

If Bryant's not in the conversation for the NEC championship, then it's based on head-to-head between Albany and Duquesne - won by Albany, of course.

If Bryant is in the tiebreaker with Albany and Duquesne, the head-to-head records are 1-1 across the board and the tiebreaker scenarios then favor Duquesne, but only if Monmouth loses to Wagner. I'm assuming the tiebreak works by going to "W/L against teams with the next best record". Sacred Heart and Monmouth would be 4-4 in this scenario, which would make Duquense the winner, since they defeated both, but Albany would have been 1-1 against them.

You're welcome. :D

danefan
November 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think I know why: it's some wackiness involving Bryant, who is eligible for the NEC championship but not the autobid.

If Bryant's not in the conversation for the NEC championship, then it's based on head-to-head between Albany and Duquesne - won by Albany, of course.

If Bryant is in the tiebreaker with Albany and Duquesne, the head-to-head records are 1-1 across the board and the tiebreaker scenarios then favor Duquesne, but only if Monmouth loses to Wagner. I'm assuming the tiebreak works by going to "W/L against teams with the next best record". Sacred Heart and Monmouth would be 4-4 in this scenario, which would make Duquense the winner, since they defeated both, but Albany would have been 1-1 against them.

You're welcome. :D

Haha. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

dgreco
November 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Apparently there is a way for Duquesne to lose and still clinch the title if Albany loses and a whole host of other things happen.

http://necsports.posterous.com/nec-news-of-the-day-will-ualbany-or-duquesne

Because Bryant would would win the 3 way tie Bryant would win, but because they are not eligible you go to a strength of wins criteria for the teams rather than the head-to-head.

edit: just read LFN's post. He stated it better than I.

dgreco
November 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I need to do 2 games better than D96 to win the regular season title!

So I'm picking to win it.

Albany vs. Sacred Heart - too much on the line for Albany...nothing on the line for a very young SHU. Albany will pound the ground and attack from the air. Di Lella is a lock for first team QB now, but another 300 yard game would be the icing on the cake for a great comeback story.

Bryant vs. CCSU - What in the world happened to CCSU. Lets hope they can right the ship in the offseason and get themselves a fresh QB.

Duquesne vs. RMU - Rivalry game so everything is out the window. Dukes have a ton on the line here, but I needed to pick two different games than Dane96, so this is one of them.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - Wagner has played well in some games......err.....I guess.....Monmouth was deflated in the second half last week so I'm picking the Seahawks. I really just needed to pick a different win than Dane96 so Wagner wins by default.

If I had to pick the second upset I might pick CCSU... I fear that this is a tough game for Bryant and CCSU might take the win in this game.

hidalgo
November 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
What a great season in the NEC full of surprises...........go sacred Heart!!!! Come on Dukes!!! Congrats to danes if wishes dont come true.

blackbeard
November 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Its been a great year and I've had fun learning about the NEC and FCS football in general. Before this season my knowledge of FCS football was limited to a few SoCon teams but the recruiting process changed that and I learned alot about the NEC and PL teams. I may be the only SHU fan on this site and their surprising season has been fun to follow. Hopefully we can compete for a conference championship the next few seasons as we are very young this year. My picks:

Sacred Heart - I've picked them every game this year but thats what a fan does. Rooting for SHU to pick up a winning season.
Bryant
Duquesne
Monmouth

Original_RMC
November 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Albany vs. Sacred Heart
SHU jumps out early on Albany which causes too much excitement in Pittsburgh. Albany stays focus and let the celebration begin in Albany.

Albany 31-17

Bryant vs. CCSU
Bryant finishes at home and ends a great NEC season for them. Jordan Brown will run wild but the difference in this game will be the arm of Mike Croce.

Bryant 24-13

Duquesne vs. RMU
RMU has a list of injuries heading into this game that would force most teams to not play at all. RMU will start their 3rd string QB Forbes but it will be the in-game annoucements of the Albany/SHU scores that will be the best weapon for the Colonials.
Colonials score 3 TDs, 1 on O, 1 on D and 1 on special teams.
The Colonials D does just enough to hold the 3 headed monster for the Dukes in check (Patterson-Dixon-McCoy)

RMU 21-20

Monmouth vs. Wagner
Monmouth holds off a solid running attack from Wagner.

Monmouth 20-17

dgreco
November 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
no commentary this week.

Albany
Bryant
Duquesne
Monmouth